My Night Time Skin Care Routine





Hey guys! Long time no speak. Hope you are all doing ok and I hope you had a great New Year and start to 2014! Boy are you in for treat this year! I even have an Everyday Makeup Routine post lined up for you who follow my Instagram (@heartbritishthings) as a few people have asked for me to one! But for now, I have a skin care post as your skin needs to be prepped and primed for makeup you see? Did this in the right order didn't I ;) ? As always, I will leave a link to where you can purchase these items should you want to find out more or even want to purchase it yourself, the must be good seeing as they made it into this blog post! You may have seen a few of these items in a skin care haul I put up a few months ago so they must have been good finds! Anyway, lets get started :)






Step 1: Exfoliate
Product: Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Daily Scrub (OIL FREE) (150ml)
Link to buy: http://www.superdrug.com/localrecall/clean+clear-blackhead-scrub-150ml/invt/31178&bklist=









Firstly, I like to remove any dead or dry bits of skin off my face. I don't do this everyday, although the product does say it is suitable for everyday use, I like to give my skin somewhat of a break from it being scrubbed everyday. Despite this, it makes my skin feel soft and very clean. It lifts away and dirt, sweats or other oils that could get trapped in your skin which will eventually cause blackheads. The product is very easy to dispense, also, you don't need to apply to your whole face if you don't want to or if you don't feel that it is necessary. Sometimes, I just concentrate a pea sized amount around my dry or 'spot prone' areas of my face, such places being my chin, forehead and around my nose. I have seen huge results and have continued to keep using this since I first purchased it nearly three years ago!



Most of the time, this product is on offer, so if you are wanting to try it out, I would wait for an offer to start, they usually go down to £1.99 or £2.00 in places such as Superdrug and Wilkinsons, but I repurchase it regardless because it is just fantastic and so beneficial to the skin. BUT please be gentle with yourself when applying it to the face, the skin on your face is delicate, especially during a warm shower, you needn't apply loads of pressure, simply massage it gently into the skin and you will get results.

Step 2: Cleanse
Product: Simple, Kind to Skin, Vital Vitamin Foaming Cleanser (150ml)
Link to buy: http://www.superdrug.com/simple/simple-kind-to-skin-vitamin-foaming-cleanser-150ml/invt/239972&bklist=














You may be wondering why I cleanse AFTER exfoliating, I usually get rid of the makeup I have been wearing that day with a simple makeup wipe, I do not like to get makeup off using a cleanser, a cleanser, in my opinion, is designed to do just that, CLEANSE. Not get rid of your makeup. I wouldn't really recommend using this cleanser for removing your makeup, but I like to use this after exfoliating as it feel like this is when my skin feels at its most 'stripped back', this helps the cleanser work properly. I like to gently massage the product into my skin, again, concentrating on where I would usually get the most spots, my nose, forehead and chin areas, although I do spread it across my entire face and behind the ears also.



This cleanser foams, as the name suggests, you do not need a cotton pad or even a clarisonic, you just use your fingers. Seeing I have exfoliated already, it seems pointless for me to use anything else but my fingers as my skin simply doesn't need it at this point. After using the cleanser, my skin feels much cleaner, much softer and overall velvety and fresh. I originally purchased this product for around £3.50 on offer in Sainsburys, its RRP isn't much more coming in at a reasonable £4.49 in Superdrug. Again, if you want to try it out, buy it when it is on offer, the best deals on Simple come from Superdrug, Wilkinsons and also Sainsbury's so head on down there and take a sneaky look at their skin care sections :)



Step 3: Toner

Product: Simple, Kind to Skin, Soothing Facial Toner (200ml)
Link to buy: http://www.superdrug.com/simple/simple-soothing-toner-200ml/invt/949347&bklist=













When I have patted my face dry with a flannel or even a face towel, I like to tone my skin. I know a lot of you will just skip this step out completely, but if you like refreshing lifts either in the mornings or at night, then this is something to try. All I use is one cotton pad and put a few drops of liquid onto the pad, I then rub it along my face. Its such a refreshing lift, a favourite of mine during the hotter months and it is so refreshing and cool. You do not need to rinse it off, just let it soak in to the skin and you are good to go. Although it has not artificial colours or flavours, it smells fresh as well, leaving the skin feeling clean and prepped for the rest of the day, whether you be going out, or staying in, its a great new product to include into your skincare routine either at night or during the day.



What does a toner do? I hear you ask. Well, it attempts to tighten the skin, often associated with anti-aging techniques and those who are pretty much middle-aged or older, but I don't necessarily think that stereotype is true. Yes, this product tightens the skin, but by a tiny amount, so its comfortable. It doesn't tingle, you don't feel anything, but my skin feels a little tighter he morning after using it and I must say, I am very impressed! Once again, this is often on offer although it is pretty reasonable as it is only costing £2.99, however it often goes down to £2.00 so keep your eyes peeled for the best offers in order to save yourself some money!


Step 4: Spot Prevention
Product: Boots, Night Treatment Gel (75ml)
Link to buy: CURRENTLY ON 3 FOR 2 http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Tea-Tree-Witch-Hazel-Night-Gel-75ml_1213610/










Once again, I understand that everyone will have their own variants of spot prevent creams, gels, and oils, but for my skin, this works wonders! It's fairly cheap coming in at £2.99 AND you only need the tiniest amount, possibly even less than a pea sized amount! Just work the gel into your problem areas but DO NOT spread across the entire face, it is not designed to work the entirety of your face, it works best when concentrated on specific areas of your face. I apply this at night as "it works intensively while you sleep". you needn't wash it off after use or in the morning, simply leave it on. For those of you who do not like the Tea Tree and Witch Hazel smell, don't worry, the scent doesn't last long on the skin, and there is not hint of Tea Tree or Witch Hazel being used, so you're ok with that one! I wouldn't necessarily recommend this for those who have oily skin, although it doesn't contain alcohol, the gel can feel slightly greasy, but because I have dry-combination skin, this doesn't affect me or my skin after about 2-3minutes of applying the product. So, if like me, and you have dry-combination skin, then give this a whirl! Not bad for the price either and, you get a pretty big tube as well :)


Step 5: Moisturise

Product: Nivea, Refreshingly Soft Moisturising Cream (200ml)
Link to buy: CURRENTLY ON OFFER http://www.superdrug.com/soft+creme/nivea-soft-refreshingly-soft-moisturising-cream-200ml/invt/89141&bklist=














I am a massive fan of this moisturiser. I like to seal in the spot treatment gel by moisturising my skin with a light moisturising cream, do check, before you buy any light cream, that it can be used on your face also. You do not want a greasy or shiny face when you wake up in the morning! This Nivea one claims it can be used "on your face, body and hands everyday", what a great three-in-one product! Although I find this a little too light to use on my body over the winter months, I do like to apply it to my body during the summer as it doesn't add a thick layer at all and sinks well into the skin. I think I could have done with getting a pot a lot smaller than this actually! You get 200ml in this tub and seeing as I bought it only for my face, its not running out any time soon as you can expect from a pot this big, you need the tiniest amount, the same kind of amount as if you were to apply foundation and just work into the skin with your hands. nothing more to it actually! Although this is rather expensive to by full price, coming in at around £4.50 (which may not sound expensive to you, but when you're a student on a budget, its a lot to spend on face cream) I would say the price isn't bad for what you are getting. the tub is huge and you can even get 300ml containers if you wanted to use this for your body. I bought mine for around £3 in Wilkinsons, which, in my opinion, tend to do the best skin care deals together with Superdrug. It is on offer in Superdrug RIGHT NOW so check it out, and let me know via one of my social networking sites below, whether you bought it or not!
______________________________________________________________________



THATS ALL FOLKS ;)

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to click on any one of my social networking sites below and follow, subscribe, tweet, whenever you like! Stay tuned for next week and I will see you all very soon! Lorna X

Instagram
Twitter
More from my Blogger
More from my Glipho Blog






Comments

  1. Hii I nominated you for the Leibster Award! if you're not too sure what it is, check out my post http://lynzical.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts