Advice | Making New Friends

This post is an elaboration on my now privatised video, on youtube, 'Advice: Friendships'. Unfortunately this video is not publisised however i thought i would post those thoughts and opinions here on my Blog.

I asked some people on twitter what questions they would want me to answer so here it goes....

1) Did you find it hard staying in touch with childhood friends when you went to secondary school/high school?


Yes. We all went our seperate ways, made new friends, so we gradually lost contact. You will find other friends who you will talk to and become friends with. However make the effort! Facebook is a good means to gain back contact but BE CAREFUL!

Tip One: Make the effort to get back in contact or to stay in contact.
Tip Two: Facebook. It is a good way to get back in touch with people, but please be careful!
Tip Three: Go to reunions. There will be childhood friends that go to summer fayres or school reunions etc.
Tip Four: Don't get lazy. Don't forget about primary school chums!

2) How did you make friends in new schools/places etc?

Be confident...push yourself out of your comfort zone. Everyone is in the same boat.

Tip One: Start a converstaion with someone.
Tip Two: Dont rely on them to come to you.
Tip Three: Don't feel pressurised to fit in.
Tip Four: Be yourself around new people. Dont pretend to be someone your not.
Tip Five: Find things you have in common. Work on that :)

3) Do best friends have to like the same things in order to be best friends?

NO! I have a best friend wh is completely opposite to me and we get on sooo well! Don't think you have to like the same things to be best friends. All your friends are different. You all bring something different to the table, it makes it more varied and fun!

4) Did you tell your friends/family that you do YouTube?


No. One of my friends already did YouTube and so i told her. I dropped in converstaion that I did YouTube. However some people wuld think it is really strange whereas others would be intreged into what i do on YouTube. However my mum suggested that I do it. I was a little bit off with the idea at first. However i do get postive feedback, people at school have seen my youtube channel, and I don't mind. Do what you want to do and dont worry about what other people think.

Hope this Blog helped you out! Have a lovely day!
Lorna X

Comments