BUDGET BEAUTY | My Favourite Powders Under £5!

Seeing as my last 'Budget Beauty' post was so popular, I decided to do a run on from that. Like the MUA lipstick post, this blog will soon go into a video form for my YouTube audience! If you are interested, I will link my 'Budget Beauty' YouTube playlist at the end of this post.



Anyway! Once again, I am going to be rating each product out of 5 for many different things, these categories include Staying Power, Durability, and Matte Finish . Once again, I have also decided to rate the overall product out of 5.



So, lets begin!



MUA Matte Perfect Loose Translucent Powder



Price - £2.50
Weight - 15g






Okay, so the first of the three powders I will be discussing is the MUA loose translucent powder. Some people, especially makeup beginners, may be a bit phased by the loose powder concept, however, you need not be scared! This particular loose powder, although extremely cheap, is really easy to use and apply.









As you can see from the picture above, this powder does come with a guard, something which is crucial when considering a loose powder. Many loose powders these days do come with a guard. Not only is this used to prevent clouds or powder being wafted inside the whole of your makeup bag, but it also allows you to scoop in an allocated amount, this way, you have not overloaded the brush therefore meaning it is unlikely that you could over load your face.


Just because it is translucent powder, doesn't mean to say that you can cake your foundation in it. The only time I would use a powder would be if my face was overly shiny or oily or if I was going for a night out. For everyday usage, I usually only apply this product under my eyes where my concealer is, on the sides of my nose and on my chin, these are the places where my face gets the most oily, therefore extra coverage is needed. If you do come across a situation where it needs to be applied all over the face, then don't be too heavy handed with the product! Translucent powder can look just as cakey on the face as a coloured powder, so please, don't be too liberal with the applying of, not just this particular powder, but others as well.


The product's staying power is excellent. With little movement and no oily patches shining through (which also links in with the matte finish category), I am very impressed by the quality of this powder that only cost me £2.50. The durability is also excellent. One could cook in a steamy kitchen or run a hot bath and this product does not budge! Even when you are dancing in a club, you get sweaty and your face can feel oily and can look rather shiny, so a touch up would be required, but not with this product. This stays on the skin for up to 5 hours, which is long enough for a night out or a day trip to the shops with your friends.


Ratings
Staying Power - 4 out of 5
Durability - 4 out of 4
Matte Finish - 4.5 out of 5

*Overall Product Rating* - 4 out of 5




MUA Pressed Powder Shade 1


Price - £1
Weight - 5.7g





This MUA powder is coloured. Unlike the last one, it is also a pressed powder and costs £1.50 less than the previous product. So, 'What is the difference?' I hear you say! The difference in staying power and durability is only marginal, this product obviously gives extra coverage as it is a coloured powder, however the durability is not as good as the MUA loose powder.


However, for the cheap price tag, you do get what you pay for! At just £1, this product is pretty amazing, especially for those of you who are on a budget! If you would want to wear this on a night out, then I advise bringing it with you, and perhaps bringing a retractable powder/blusher brush with you also, just so you can apply it a lot easier.









The fact that you do have to keep re-applying after only 2 or 3 hours, means that the staying powder is not great. Even if you were just to wear it for everyday use. However, as far as matte finishes go, this one is high up on that scale! No oily patches appear after using it, nor does it go patchy.



Because this is a pressed powder, you may find it more convenient for 'on the go', rather than using just the MUA loose powder! The fact that this product doesn't even come with a mirror also rather lets the convenience factor down a bit. However, if you are willing to put up with these small factors, then this is a great product! The brush does pick up rather a lot of product, not just a light sprinkling, so again, don't be too heavy handed with this particular product, more so with this one seeing as it is coloured which can increase the risk of it looking patchy or cakey. Remember not to apply too much and only in the places that is needed the most. Don't let the coloured powders put you off, I promise you, your skin wont look two different colours, just apply lightly and blend in well! You should have nothing to worry about!



Ratings
Staying Power - 3.5 out of 5
Durability - 3 out of 5
Matte Finish - 5 out of 5

*Overall Product Rating* - 3.5 out of 5





Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder 001 Translucent


Price - £3.99
Weight - 14g




Although this is the most expensive out of the three powders I have chosen, it is well worth the higher end of the budget. Once again, you get what you pay for, so it should be no surprise to you that I have chosen this as my favourite out of the three, being the only one that comes any where close to my 'Urban Decay Surreal Skin Pressed Powder'! However, my Urban Decay powder is coloured one, unlike the Rimmel Stay Matte which is translucent (PLEASE BE AWARE this product does have numerous colour choices, it does not just come in a standard translucent shade)





The durability of this product is outstanding! Being able to cook over a hot stove, or even if you were to sit in a sauna for 10 mins, I can guarantee that your foundation will not move! I have gone clubbing wearing this powder, and my foundation and blusher is still very much intact! I am extremely impressed by the durability and staying power of this product! Even for everyday use, whether you be at work from 9-5 or going to school/college from 8:30-3:30 this product will keep every aspect of your face makeup in place! With no need for touch ups or lifts, this product banishes all signs of shininess and oiliness. This puts the matte finish of this product solely at number one!


With the shiny skin and oily patches being no where visible on the face, you can be guaranteed to still be shine free by the time you return home from work or a night out!






Even after dancing in a packed out club for hours, the matte finish is still very much visible! I am overall extremely impressed by this product and I have enjoyed using it so far! It is most definitely my number 1 powder down from my trusty Urban Decay powder!


Ratings
Staying Powder - 5 out of 5
Durability - 5 out of 5
Matte Finish - 5 out of 5

*Overall Product Rating* - 5 out of 5
________________________________________________


Thanks for reading guys! Please share on any social media/networking sites! I would be very grateful!


WHERE ELSE TO FIND ME
My Instagram  (@heartbritishthings)
My Twitter    (@thesweetpeax)



 

Comments

Popular Posts