Best Beauty Products of 2013




2013 was a very hit and miss year for me beauty wise. Either I found one thing I really liked and kept on repurchasing it (meaning I wouldn't be trying anything new) or I just wasn't too interested in trying out new makeup bits and pieces. I recently got the Real Techniques Core Collection kit for Christmas and I think its fair to say that I will definitely be trying out new products because the brushes are just that incredible!







Rimmel Wake Me Foundation (True Ivory)


Read the Blogger Blog Post Review Here
Read the Glipho Blog Post Review Here

Click to Buy










I don't think this foundation has been raved about enough! The way in which it blends into the skin is incredible and it is not drying in anyway. It does have a very slight shimmer to it, making it slightly more useable during the Summer months, but, if like me, you have dry skin, this foundation is great to wear just all year round. Apply a small amount during the winter to avoid looking like Edward Cullen ;) but it is buildable so you can work it's sheer coverage to a fuller coverage according to your personal preferences.




Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection 16 Hour Wear Concealer (Fair)
Click to Buy
 






Like the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, this couldn't be raved about enough! I am sure you have heard many other bloggers and YouTubers raving about this product, and I can see why! Its not sheer at all, in fact, it has a pretty thick consistency making blending that much easier as it settles nicely into the pores of your skin, especially under the eyes. Its not a brightening concealer so it wont highlight any nasty spots you are trying to hide, and nor will it add any dullness to your under eyes! I completely recommend this product! Its cheap and has truly irresistible qualities, I must in every girl's makeup bag!



Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (Transparent)


Read the Blogger Blog Post Review Here
Read the Glipho Blog Post Review Here

Click to Buy









This powder is incredible and i have compared it to my Urban Decay Serial Skin Powder before (only my UD one is coloured and adds coverage) it is great for every day use as it isn't coloured, in my opinion, a coloured powder during the day is pretty unnecessary especially seeing as you have applied foundation underneath. This powder just sets foundation nicely. If used on top of Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation, it can make the shimmery tone slightly more matte, therefore making the foundation more suitable for every day use as well! You only need the tiniest amount as if you apply to much on to the face it does tend to settle in all the wrong places, you don't need to top your brush up with any more product, just swirl around the pan once and dust over your face, an all round great product!



Covergirl Blusher (Plumberry Glow)
Click to Buy











Unfortunately you can only buy Covergirl products in the USA, but while I was over there, I made it my priority to pick up some America only makeup brands to try out and review. This blusher is such a lovely shade, its a colour that is very buildable, so you can have a light dusting and look glowing or you can apply more than once to achieve more of an evening look, its great for clubbing as the colour is so different and it looks incredible with the right base on! Definitely one to try if you are heading to the states, or if you live there yourself, its really inexpensive too :)



Number 7 Blusher (Soft Apricot)
(I could not find a link to where you can buy this from-sorry)










This blusher is amazing! The pigmentation is fantastic! Lasting pretty much for 8 hours on the skin, its great for all year round as the colour is buildable also. In the Spring and Summer months, a light dusting makes you look sun kissed and glowing, but for a more blushed and 'rosy cheeks' look, it looks great when the colour is built up therefore suiting the colder months. Its such a versatile colour and is such high quality! I would say it is definitely worth trying some blushers from Number 7, even at £8.00 a blush, I would say, that's pretty reasonable compared to what you are getting!



MUA £1 Lipsticks (Shades 3, 15, 1 and 13)
Read the Blogger Blog Post Review Here
Read the Glipho Blog Post Review Here



Click a link below to purchase:
Shade 3
Shade 15
Shade 1
Shade 13



From left to right: (See Photos Below)
Shade 3
Shade 15
Shade 1
Shade 13









From top to bottom: (See Photo Below)
Shade 3
Shade 15
Shade 1
Shade 13






I have done a full and very detailed review of each and every one of these lipsticks, the bottom line is, they are fantastic! I love them, for £1 I don't know why everyone doesn't own at least one! They are great for nights out especially, the pigmentation and durability of these lipsticks are insane, the colour doesn't come off and easily lasts for 6 hours even after you have been eating and drinking (depending on the colour you choose - see review above) and because they are so cheap, it doesn't matter if you lose one or leave it somewhere when out clubbing, I totally recommend these especially if you don't have the budget for MAC or don't want to pay nearing on £6 for a lipstick :)


Covergirl Lipstick (Spellbound)

Click to Buy













I am not going to rave about this one too much as it has very similar qualities to the MUA lipsticks, again, it is only available in the states, but if you are prepared to convert pounds to dollars over the internet then this is one worth going for! Its a lovely colour, not quite a deep pink but almost like a pinky purple, its a lot more purple compared to a more fuchsia toned/blue toned deep pink, but I love it as I haven't really seen a lipstick in he UK like it, its long lasting and very pigmented but it does taste slightly funny, but that can be over looked for how amazing the colour pay off is! Like I said, it has similar qualities to the MUA lipsticks so I wont rave about it any longer! BUT it is great for every day, just a quick swipe over the lips adds lovely colour, but if you want more of an evening or wintery lip, it is very buildable and not just for the hotter months :)



Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick (05)

Click to Buy










Once again, it has very similar qualities to the MUA lipsticks, and like the Cover girl one, it is very buildable depending on the time of year or occasion you wish to wear this to, it is a beautiful pink tone, not deep but then not too nude. If you want a lovely every day colour on the lips, this is one to go for if you cant get your hands on the Covergirl one. It is in my handbag all year round and I am so glad I decided to buy this colour and add it to my Rimmel lipstick collection. I recommend seeing what other colours they do if pink isn't your colour or you'd like a slightly mature colour. Its not expensive either, retailing at £5.49 in most places making it more attractive re-purchasing wise and also just to try! Its creamy consistency makes it very comfortable and moisturising on the lips, a real must in your makeup collection! Go for it ladies, you wont be disappointed!



Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof Mascara (Rich Black)

Click to Buy









If you follow me on here on a regular basis, you should understand my love for this mascara, it took me a while to find one that I was 100% happy with and one that would be easier to take off than your average waterproof mascara! this is it for me! It lengthens and adds volume to my lashes as you can hopefully see in that extremely unflattering picture of myself above. It doesn't smudge or wear off during the day either, but it is still surprisingly easy to get off as far as waterproof mascaras go! I simply use a bog-standard baby wipe and that usually does the trick.



Maybelline Express Kajal Kohl Pencil Eye Liner (Black)

Click to Buy









This eye liner is highly pigmented. With it also being a kohl liner, it will need sharpening a lot more however it makes pull on the eye lid minimal, something which, in my opinion, is a must with any pencil liner especially if needed for the upper lash line. It is pretty long lasting, it doesn't really wear off during the day at all and is still pretty much in place at 6pm the same night from around 9am in some cases. I have used it for nights out and it does stay put on the top lash line, but it can smudge a little on the bottom lash line, so make sure you bring it with you on nights out for the odd little touch up!

___________________________________________________



Thanks for reading. I have this on my YouTube channel also, which is situated at the very top of this pot if you should want to watch or read into any products further! Don't forget to check out my links below and follow my Twitter as it is here that I update you on all my new blog posts! HAPPY NEW YEAR guys and see you all soon! Lorna X
___________________________________________________



WHERE TO FIND ME (click one to view)
Twitter
Instagram
Read my Other Blogger Posts
Read my Other Glipho Blog Posts





















Comments

Popular Posts