Christmas at Sherwood Pines


Its that time of year again! Picking our Christmas tree has always been something we'd do as a family, but with Mum busy at work and my brother away at university, it was only me, my Dad and my sister that got to go this year! I know you must be thinking 'well you're at university so why did you go?' and my answer to that is I attend university about half an hour away from my home city, so it's really easy for me to go back for a day or two, and that's exactly what I did :)

For as long as I can remember, we've always had a Fir tree, whereas this year, we opted for a Spruce which I think I actually prefer! It has a really nice shape to it, and it's also so much easier to decorate! If you haven't yet got yourself a Christmas tree, and were looking at getting a Spruce, just be aware that the needles do tend to drop off faster than with a fir or a pine tree. Also, don't put your tree next to a radiator because the heat can speed up that process. If there isn't anywhere else in your house it can go, ensure you turn off your radiator so your tree lasts longer throughout December :)

This post will be quite photo heavy which I know some of you like, so lets get on with it shall we?


So after we picked out our Christmas tree, we went for a walk around the rest of the grounds, and stumbled across a replica WWI trench for an exhibition they were planning! So even though the following photos aren't exactly festive, they're part of the whole Christmas tree picking experience :)


And that just about concludes the post for this Sunday guys! I apologise for not posting as regularly right now, I've had numerous assignments and uni work due in before Christmas, and so naturally, they will take priority for now! However, I will be doing the Twelve Days of Christmas on here, the date it starts will be announced on my Twitter page later this week so make sure you keep checking back! Have a great day and I will see you again on Wednesday :)

________________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'Christmas Gift Inspiration'

Comments

Popular Posts