Books I'd Like to Read This Autumn

 
If you know me, you'll understand my love for books and reading. So this post should be no surprise to you whatsoever! I thought I'd share with you the books I plan to read before Christmas. However, with university back in full swing and with it being my final year, I doubt I'll have the time to finish, or even start for that matter, a single one of these books. But hey, I had the best of intentions!
 
These books are fairly new out, apart from the obvious Edgar Allan Poe one obviously. So I'd also see this as more of a new book haul if you will? Either way, they're new and I want to read them, so I hope you enjoy :)
 
'THE MURDERS IN THE RUE MORGUE AND OTHER TALES' - EDGAR ALLAN POE
 
 
Speak of the devil, it's Edgar Allen Poe! Now I'm sure you're all familiar with the his famous works 'The Raven'. You may have seen it parodied of The Simpson's Tree House of Horror one year. Well he's also written this collection of short stories. I enjoy short stories, because well, they're short. They're good for on the go or if you have some spare time but not enough to read a whole novel. They're snappy, and often have a twist at the end.
 
I quite enjoy Edgar Allan Poe, and with Halloween around the corner, I thought this book would be perfect to start the Autumn season. "Horror, madness, violence and the dark forces hidden in humanity" sounds right up Halloween's street!
 
'MY NOT SO PERFECT LIFE' - SOPHIE KINSELLA
 
 
Sophie Kinsella has, for a long time, been one of my favourite writers. Through sixth form I remember always having my nose in one of her books, which was a lot more entertaining than a Biology revision guide! Us girls like some rom com, not only in film, but also in literature, and Kinsella provides us with just that. Despite me having read several of her books before, this one sounded just as brilliant as her other stories. I know that when it comes to this author, I won't be disappointed, and neither will you.
 
'ABOUT LAST NIGHT' - CATHERINE ALLIOTT
 
 
Unlike Kinsella, I'm not familiar with Alliott's books. However, having read the blurb, the story sounded similar to that which Kinsella would write. So I bought it. Like I said, you can't beat a good romance novel, and this book looks very promising in that respect.
 
'THE SUNSHINE AND BISCOTTI CLUB' - JENNY OLIVER
 
 
I know what you're thinking, it looks very summery, with a storyline that oozes sunshine. Well I can neither confirm nor deny that this is the case, but they blurb sounded interesting. Especially with the mention of prosecco! Again, I haven't read anything written by Oliver, but I'm willing to give it a chance on the basis that its filled with people falling in love, some scandal and *cough cough* prosecco *cough cough*...who said that? ;)
 
***
 
Once I've given these a read...whenever that may be...I'll give you a review! Let me know if you go out and buy any of these, or if you've already read them? I'd love to know.
 
 
***
 
I hope you enjoyed this post, I will see you next time with a brand new blog post for you! Have a great week!
 
***
 
WHERE TO FIND ME
 
 
PREVIOUS BLOG POST
 
 
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
 


Comments

Popular Posts