What I Got For Christmas | 2013

*DISCLAIMER* Please don't think I am bragging! People across my social media platforms who read my blog have asked for this post. I am entirely grateful for everything I received and I appreciate and realise exactly how lucky I am. AND sorry for the pixilation in this picture! I was using my sisters iPod to take the photo :)




Now with that out of the way, lets get into the post shall we? Hopefully, you are reading this on its release date, which is in fact Christmas day, if you are not, it may give you an opportunity to go and grab some of the items in the sales now Christmas is over :( I hope you enjoy the post non the less!


Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation


This was a complete surprise, I had no idea that I would be getting the new one, but I love it so much and I have had it for less than 12 hours! It's white front and metallic pink back makes it look all the sleeker and much more modern. Seeing as it is supposedly the iPod version of the iPhone 5, this does everything that that would do, just without the calling aspect or the 3G which I can live with to be honest! Lets not be too greedy ;) Having said hat, it picks up 5G wifi internet connections which makes surfing the net and scrolling through Instagram Twitter (which you can view if you click the names) and Facebook so much faster! All in all, I am chuffed with my new gadget!



Purchase it here: Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation 32GB Pink & White










Real Techniques Core Collection Makeup Brush Kit and Blush Brush by Samantha Chapman

I have always wanted to try some Sam Chapman brushes ever since they came out, but I couldn't really justify spending nearly £10 and in some cases over that, for just one makeup brush. However, a couple of months ago, I was surfing the Amazon and just happened to search for the brushes as Amazon often do good deals and they did! The Core Collection set retails for £21.99 (dependent upon where you purchase it from) and Amazon were selling it for £15.45 a the time, however this price does fluctuate so keep checking and you should eventually get it for a good price! I did not buy this but alerted my parents to the fact that this is a really low price, seeing as it is Christmas, they insisted that they buy it for me, so I let them! THANKS MUM AND DAD :)



The blush brush was in fact a present from my brother who flat out asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I told him, so I knew this was coming and was so excited to start using it :) Again, he bought it on Amazon where it retails for £9.99 (again, dependent upon where you purchase it from) but he got it for £5.99, but again, keep checking as the price it is now, may in fact go down this low at some point! :)






As you can tell from the picture below, the Core Collection kit comes with a Detailer brush (top), the Pointed Foundation brush (second), the Buffing brush (third) and the Contour brush (last). I have not yet had a chance to try these out properly, but if you would like a full review of the collection, or a particular brush in the near future, then let me know using one of my social media platforms at the very end of this post!






Purchase the kit here: Real Techniques Core Collection Kit by Samantha Chapman
Purchase the individual brush here: Real Techniques Blush Brush by Samantha Chapman



Royal Stewarts 100% Lambs Wool Red Tartan Scarf

Yes, red tartan is a bit over rated and over warn this season, but I however am still loving the new trend! Although I already had a (sort of) tartan scarf, it was pretty thin, all I wanted was a nice woolly, warm, but also traditional Scottish tartan scarf! Mine was actually made in the Scottish Highlands and I have no idea where my parents bought it from, but the quality is amazing and it is not itchy or scratchy in any way shape or form! Its so super cosy and I love it! Might have to wear it Boxing Day as well :)





Purchase A red tartan scarf here (NOTE not the same as mine): A Red Scottish Red Tartan Scarf (not a Royal Stewart)



Silver Christmas Tree Necklace

This was actually a gift from my ever so lovely mum who obviously knows me well! I love silver jewellery, in my personal opinion, it looks more classy and sophisticated, but each to their own I guess :) I love this as it coms complete with gem stones that have been set in the middle which makes it even cuter! I have no idea where it was from, but it is 100% silver, not silver plated so wont get rusty or discoloured which means I can keep it for many years to come!





Gourmet Marshmallows

I was so excited to see such a variety of marshmallows as I am a complete lover of them! I am no snob however, I will eat any marshmallows from where ever they were brought from, even Asda's Smart Price range will do, but seeing as it is Christmas, my parents thought it would be nice to splash out a bit more and to tell you the truth, I have snacked on a few throughout the day, hence the open packets and slightly lower portions ;) I couldn't resist!



These were actually bought in our local garden centre (yes they sell food also ;D) so I don't have a link unfortunately, but maybe try your local garden centre, you never know, they might have some there!





Personalised Pen

Again, like the marshmallows and the necklace, this is pretty isolated, I cant find any links to anything remotely similar so I am sorry about that. However, as you may (or may not) know, my name is Lorna, which isn't the most common name in the world, in fact, its pretty unique, so finding anything with my name on it is a miracle! My mum bought me this for safe keeping, not so safe that I cant use it, but just to keep it for special occasions, writing out cards for certain occasions for example :) I thought the gift was so cute and such a sweet idea! I do love my mum ^_^





Cath Kidston Mug and 'I moustache you a question' Mug

I am a sucker for a cute or novel mug, so when my last Cath Kidston one broke, I was gutted! After the price of their mug went up from $5 to $6.50, I felt less inclined to buy one for myself, but when they had 20% off just before Christmas, I bought one for my mum and she bought one for me! Good idea eh? Yep, I did effectively buy myself a £6.50 mug, but the thing is, neither one of us were allowed to use it before Christmas, it took a lot of will power let me tell you!



My moustache mug was purchased at the same garden centre that the marshmallows came from, but I did find a link on Amazon which you can check out below the photograph, like I said, I love novel mugs, I did have plenty of them, but you know, we all have a clumsy member of the family who is left doing the washing up! so often, mugs get chipped or cracked and so become no longer fit for use :( but this one I loved and I also love moustaches! What could be better right!? I also love the 'vintagy' feel to it, novel, yet understated and very cute indeed :)






Purchase the floral mug here: Cath Kidston Daisy Rose Stanley Mug
Purchase the novelty mug here: I Moustache You a Question Mug


3 Union Jack Bandanas/Scarves

I love the union jack, I love the design, I love the colours and it makes me feel very patriotic and very proud of my country, so anything with that on is a winner! That explains one half of the reason why I would get given these as a gift, the other half is that when it snows, I always complain that my face is too cold, so my Dad mainly, decided to buy these for me, as you can see form the photo below, I have three different designs to choose from so when it does come to those snow days my face will be nice and toasty! you don't have to wear them as balaclavas, you can wear them as hats, scarves, headbands, bandanas, anything basically! I was really glad to see that I got these :)





Soap and Glory Body Wash and Body Lotion

I have always wanted a big bottle of Soap and Glory body wash or body lotion, but to receive both was pretty awesome! Like the Real Techniques brushes, I could never really justify spending £10 on body creams or body washes even if they are insanely good, so the travel sizes on 3 for 2 were always the best way to go for me, even though it probably worked out a lot more expensive in the long run xD but I used them both this morning and I have totally fallen in love with the smell. I smells almost like the traditional Soap and Glory smell, but a lot more subtle and a slightly more vanillery. I used it this morning and it is now 21:41 at night and the scent is still fresh on the skin! What a great present :)









Purchase the body lotion here: Soap and Glory Daily Smooth Body Lotion
Purchase the body wash here: Soap and Glory Clean Girls Body Wash

_______________________________________________________________



Thanks for reading guys! Let me know in the comments what you received this Christmas :) REMEMBER if you want me to do a review of any products mentioned, then please let me know! MERRY CHRISTMAS guys and gallies :)
_______________________________________________________________



WHERE TO FIND ME
Twitter
Instagram
More Blogger Posts
More Glipho Posts
_______________________________________________________________


DISCLAIMER

I have not been paid or sponsored to write this post. All views and opinions are my own. No Copyright infringement intended.







Comments

Popular Posts