A Warming Chorizo, Mozzarella & Basil Gnocchi Bake


It's been a while since I've done a foodie type blog post, but it's been in high demand since I posted a photo of my dinner on Instagram Stories as many of you wanted the recipe! So here I am showing you all how I made this surprisingly easy, super quick meal - perfect for a cold winter's night with a nice glass of red wine.

Prep time - 10 mins
Cook time - 25 mins
Serves - 2-3

Ingredients...

*1 tbsp olive oil
*1/2 white onion
*2 garlic cloves
*90g chorizo, diced
*400g chopped tomatoes
*325g gnocchi
*1 mozzarella ball (cut into chunks)
*Handful of fresh basil leaves

Here's the method...

1 | Fry the onion, garlic & chorizo

  • Take a frying pan and warm up the oil over a medium heat
  • Once it's up to the right temperature, fry off the onion and garlic for around 8-10 mins
  • As soon as it's all softened, throw in all of the diced chorizo and cook for 5 mins

2 | Tip in the tomatoes, basil & the gnocchi

  • Throw the tomatoes into the mix then tear up some basil and bring to a simmer
  • Once the mixture starts bubbling add the gnocchi and heat for around 8 mins
  • While that cooks, heat the grill up to a decent temperature

3 | Stir in some of the mozzarella & put the remaining cheese on top, then grill

  • Rip up 3/4 of the mozzarella and stir it through the mixture until it becomes stringy - make sure it's evenly distributed, though
  • Once that's stirred in nicely, take the pan off the cooker and carefully place the remaining mozzarella over the top
  • Put the pan under the grill for around 3 mins or until the cheese has melted (make sure the pan you have is suitable for grilling, if not, pour the contents into an oven-friendly dish or ramekin and then grill)

4 | Stop grilling, garnish & serve

  • Once the cheese has melted, take it away from the grill and prep some pasta bowls for serving (you could warm them up using the residual heat from the grill if you like)
  • Garnish the dish with some basil leaves for good measure
  • Take the dishes out from under grill, take a spoon and serve
***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, let me know if you give it a go yourselves and send me some pictures on Instagram! I'll see you again really soon with a brand new blog post for you :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. I've had gnocchi once before, in a soup I believe, and I wasn't too impressed (far too dense and doughy for my taste). However, this looks amazing and I'd be willing to give gnocchi another chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm so glad I've been able to convince you to give it another go! This dish is so quick and easy and you can put in as much or as little gnocchi as you like, which is the great thing about this meal :) I totally get your aversion, though, I'm not a fan of stodge in soup, so much so it put me off noddles and spaghetti hoops, haha (minestrone for you). But this is packed with so much flavour, you'll love it! I hope you enjoy it when you do give it a try.

      Lorna x

      Delete

Post a Comment