The Sweater Weather Tag

Before we watch the Autumn of 2013 slip slowly into the jaws of Winter, I decided I had better get this post up pronto! Although this tag is predominantly aimed at the season of Autumn, some questions and answers to them, can be attributed to Winter as well, so pick and choose as the seasons begin to change! I have done this as a YouTube video also which you can view on my channel here from 4pm tomorrow (20/11/13) so make sure you are subscribed :) Now lets get into the questions!



1) Favourite Candle Scent?

Yankee Candle
'Red Apple Wreath'



My favourite scent (and even brand of candle) is by 'Yankee Candle' in the scent 'Red Apple Wreath' . I love this scent, it is a cross between apple and cinnamon, my favourite scents across the colder months. Although you can get similar candles in similar scents from different brands/supermarkets, I believe that paying that little bit extra makes a tremendous difference. My parents bought a medium candle in the same scent as this from 'Yankee Candle' which is located downstairs above our fire place, and I must say, the smell empowers the entire downstairs of our house. If you haven't smelt this particular scent from 'Yankee Candle' then please do, especially if you love spicy scents that aren't too spicy (if you know what I mean).





2) Coffee, Tea or Hot Chocolate?

I am generally a coffee lover, even during the summer months I am a sucker for the odd cappuccino or skinny latte and this is really no different during the colder months, but I am more prone to a nice hot chocolate in Autumn/Winter, I love getting in from the crispy cold Autumn air, with a fleece blanket, a nice Galaxy hot chocolate with the odd cheeky marshmallow thrown in for good measure, snuggling up to the telly watching 'A Christmas Carol' or 'Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas' (starting early Christmas celebrations as per usual).



3) What is the Best Fall/Autumn Memory you Have?

I will always have fond memories of standing in my back garden, wrapped up warm by a bonfire watching the firework display! If you're not British, you may be wondering what the significance of that is. Well it is to celebrate Bonfire Night, this is basically where we celebrate the fact that Guy Fawkes did NOT blow up the Houses of Parliament! If you still don't know what I mean, then Google 'The Gun Powder Plot'.



Our entire family gets together in our back garden, we sit and eat jacket potatoes and mushy peas with mint sauce, keeping warm by the bonfire, lighting sparklers, roasting marshmallows and watching the beautiful colours of from the fireworks splatter the night sky. This is, always has been and always will be my best and most treasured memory of Fall/Autumn.



4) Which Makeup Trend do you Prefer, Dark Lips or Winged Eye Liner?

MUA
Shade 1



I personally prefer the dark lips trend in Autumn/Winter. I am not a winged eyeliner fan, especially seeing as my eyes are pretty small, winged eyeliner doesn't really suit me anyway, but generally, on everyone, I think dark lips are always better and are more suited to even more people. The lipstick that was my favourite, was 'Rimmel Kate Moss' in Shade 001. It is a gorgeous pinky toned dark red which looks divine around this time of year. But my new favourite is actually 'MUA's dark red lipstick in Shade 1.









This lipstick is gorgeous. Not only is it nearly an exact dupe for the Kate Moss lipstick in Shade 001, it is a fifth of the price at just £1. I always rave about MUA lipsticks in general, but this one is just incredible around this time of year so I highly recommend that you give it ago, even if you prefer MAC, I highly suggest you give this a try, I promise you, you will not be disappointed :)



5) Best Fragrance for Fall

Ralph Lauren
Glamorous



I don't own many warm scented perfumes because I am generally not a great fan of them, sweet scents are really not my cup of tea, but one I love and keep using every year is a perfume from 'Ralph Lauren' in 'Glamorous'. I described this in my YouTube video as a cross between Taylor Swift's Enchanted and Marc Jacob's Daisy. An odd comparison I know but it is a gorgeous scent. Ralph Lauren has probably re-packaged this particular perfume so the bottle will probably look different to mine now but keep an eye out and if you find it, go and give it a sniff :)








6) Favourite Thanksgiving Food?

Obviously, here in the UK, we do not celebrate Thanksgiving, but I would imagine it is very similar to Christmas dinner. Making this comparison, my favourite food exclusive to roast dinner is definitely the stuffing, it is just so tasty and stodgy, not many people like the stodgy texture but I love it, and I find a small amount fills me up fairly well!



7) What is Autumn Weather Like Where you Live?

As you may well have gathered, I live in the UK, to begin with, Autumn over here starts off rather sunny but crisp and cold, but the leaves are still crunchy, but now, much later into Autumn, the leaves are now wet from where it has rained, from this point on, it is very unlikely that the mud caused from the rain will dry out, so now, especially when out walking the dog, it can get very slippery and messy from the mud that has formed due to torrential rain that occurred even weeks prior to that.



8) Most Warn Sweater?

Dorothy Perkins
Black White and Grey Striped Jumper £10.50 (on sale and with student discount)



Okay, so I didn't take a particularly good picture of this jumper, but hopefully you get the jist of what it looks like, and I didn't have a picture of it on either which is a bit of a downer but hey, at least you can get an idea of what it looks like!





As you can plainly see, it is a stripy, thin knit jumper (so a cami would have to be worn underneath) so you wont get too hot or too cold in this, especially if you have to wear a cami with it. The sleeves are three quarter length with makes it comfortable and easy to move around in! If you happened to find this still in stores in Dorothy Perkins then try it on and see if its right for you :)



9) Must Have Fall/Autumn Nail Polish?

Rimmel London 60 Second nail polish
Rapid Ruby



If you are a regular reader of my blog, you will understand my love for Rimmel and especially their nail polishes. so it should be no surprise to you that I have chosen to include a 'Rimmel 60 Second' nail polish, in the colour 'Rapid Ruby'.









This shade almost reminds me of my ever so favourite MUA Shade 1 lipstick so this would most certainly be a must in my Autumn/Winter essentials! I love this for the run up to Christmas, Christmas and even New Year, so it is pretty versatile for this time of year and even throughout January and February.



10) Football Games or Jumping in Leaf Piles?

Jumping in leaf piles for sure! I hate watching football of any kind, whether that be American football or British football, I cannot stand it. Give me a leaf pile to jump in any day!



11) Skinny Jeans or Leggings?

I am probably 50/50 on this one. I generally wear skinny jeans when I am out or going somewhere a bit smarter, but if its just a casual day to the shops or on the way to the gym, then leggings are more than adequate.



12) Combat Boots or Uggs?

I have never been a fan of Ugg boots, in fact I am probably the only person in the world who hasn't acquired a taste for them! But combat boots are a lot more to my taste. I love a good, warm leather boot during the colder months, I think they keep your feet just as warm as a sheep skin lined, over priced pair of Ugg boots! (no offence if you actually own a pair of Ugg boots)



13) Is Pumpkin Spice Worth the Hype?

I have never actually tried it so I am unable to answer this question :(



14) Favourite Fall TV Show?

I 'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here is one of those reality TV sows that are always on around this time of year, pretty unconventional choice I know but it is my association and I 'm sure much of the UK would probably agree with me here :)



15) What Song gets you in the Fall/Autumn Spirit?

Gabriella Cilmi 'Warm This Winter', you can listen to it for free here.

______________________________________________________________



This is the end of my blog post! Don't forget to check me out on Instagram @heartbritishthings :) Have a nice day and see you next time :)

Comments

Popular Posts