May Favourites


I can't quite understand how we're in June already. So I thought there's no better way to bring in the new month, than acknowledging it with a post telling you all what I've been loving throughout the month of May :) I hope you enjoy!

 WEARING JEWELLERY MORE OFTEN


More specifically, earrings and rings! Up until recently, I've always been the kind of person to wear the same silver jewellery, mainly because they're expensive or they've been gifted to me, I also found the simplistic, minimalistic look quite suited me and my style in general. But recently I started branching out, including swapping silver for gold or rose gold, small studded earrings for big hooped ones, wearing more than one ring on the same hand at the same time. I was just loving the whole look, and it'll be one I sport throughout June as well!

URBAN DECAY 'NAKED 2' EYE SHADOW PALETTE


After getting this for my 22nd birthday a couple of months ago, I've been using it almost every day. More specifically the shade entitled 'Chopper'. It works for both day and night time looks. Not only that, but its super easy to apply and blend. The pigmentation is also incredible. If you've had your eye on this for a while, or have been contemplating buying it for some time, my advice to you is to just take the plunge and buy it. You won't be disappointed.

BARRY M 'HI SHINE' GELLY NAIL POLISHES


Barry M nail polishes have always been on top form! So when they brought out this new range a good while ago, I couldn't wait to try a few colours! Personally, I believe that these are the most long wearing of their entire range, even when looking at their classic collection. They also have loads of shades in this range and I plan on buying them all! I can do an entire post on these polishes if you'd prefer, just let me know either using the comment section below or via any of my social media accounts!

(colours from left to right)
Peanut Butter
Passion Fruit
Blueberry
Almond
Grapefruit
Sugar Apple
Papaya

GARNIER ULTIMATE BLENDS 'THE INTENSE REPAIR' BALM


I needed a new hair mask as my last one was running very low, so when I was in Boots I spotted this one which looked very promising! Garnier claim it contains castor oil and maple sap, as they've dubbed the hair balm a 'maple healer'. However, having used it a few times, I can safely say that this mask has done nothing but good for my hair. It also smells incredible and leaves my hair feeling soft and smooth, as well as leaving it looking very shiny! If you suffer from dry hair or have numerous split ends, this could be just the ticket in helping to make your hair feel as though you've just had it cut!

I use this once a week on a Thursday morning. I wash my hair as normal, then lather the ends in a tiny handful of this. I then leave it on for 5-10 minutes so it can properly get to work on replenishing the ends of my hair, and I can say it works a treat! If you're on the hunt for a new hair mask/balm, then give this a go. They also have other varieties in this range so check them out depending on your hair type.

REVOLUTION VIVID BAKED HIGHLIGHTER

(Peach Lights)


Much like the hair mask, I was on the look out for a new highlighter as I can get quite bored of them rather quickly! But this one, coming in at a good price as well, caught my eye in Superdrug. It was also the last one in stock so they seemed very popular. Needless to say I grabbed one and I use it almost everyday! In fact, I find myself reaching for this more than I reach for my MAC Mineralise Skin Finish. It leaves a lovely sheen on the cheeks which lasts the whole day, I personally can't fault it. As far as highlighters go, this one is pretty goo for the price. Definitely one for those of you on a budget!

MY GLASSES


I know this might seem like a really weird thing to put in my favourites, however, a couple of months ago, I had an eye test, the first one in roughly three years, and since then my eye sight has somewhat worsened. So when I was given these, and I put them on, it was like I was looking at the world in super HD. That's really the only way I can describe that. I love how crystal clear everything is when I have these on. I also love the colours, the shape and the design of these glasses as well. They're simple with a pop of colour and they suit my face shape perfectly. Again, I know it's a bit strange to blog about my glasses, but I just love them! If you wear glasses yourself, you'll know exactly what I mean.

ED SHEERAN 'DIVIDE' VINYL ALBUM


I know I'm a bit late to the party with this one, but I got this album for my birthday back in March, and I've just been loving it since. I haven't yet got bored of listening to this album. Whenever I'm in my bedroom I'll have it on. There's also something cool about listening to it on vinyl. So obviously for me, the novelty hasn't yet worn off.

BUSTED 'A PRESENT FOR EVERYONE' ALBUM



I have the original album from Busted, in fact, I have them both, from 2002-2003. This album was released in 2003 and I remember asking my parents for it for Christmas that year! Busted have always been a guilty pleasure of mine, this album especially as it holds a lot of memories for me as well, mainly from my childhood. There's something about listening to this that I find quite comforting. It brings me back to a time where life was much more simple, and you didn't have a care in the world. Being just 8 in 2003, what was there to worry about? It takes me back to being a child and jumping up and down in my room with my personal CD player strapped around my waist, headphones on, dancing and singing along to this. Thinking back to that makes me smile now as a 22 year old (mainly because I still do that now...minus the Walkman...).

200 DEGREES COFFEE


I love this coffee shop. It's quirky, has a cosy feel to it, the staff are always so lovely and the coffee is always spot on! 200 Degrees in quite a new coffee shop. So if you don't have one in your city, you may well do before the year is out so keep your eye out for one popping up! You can also see where their stores are by visiting the website online. If you do have one where you live, it's well worth you paying a visit. I'd go just for the amazing latte art!

I also quite like just being in there. It's somewhere my boyfriend and I will go quite a lot as we just quite like the atmosphere, and the beverages of course! I've never once been in and not had fun or left feeling disappointed. It has a wonderful ambience and I believe if you're a coffee lover, you need to give it a go, you won't regret it! I might well write a whole separate post on the place, so watch this space!

Links to items mentioned:

I hope you've enjoyed this blog post! I will see you next week with a brand new one for you, have a great weekend :)
____________________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'A Day at Calke Abbey'

Comments

Popular Posts