Meet my 'Glam' Vauxhall Adam | Stylish City Driving Made Easy

I promised you that I'd share with you the car I bought, so here it is! I've had my eye on a Vauxhall Adam for quite some time, but in a specific colour combination and this was it. As soon as I saw it, I just had to go and take a look at it! It's from a reputable dealer (very well known), it's second hand but with only one previous owner. It has a full service history and has never failed an MOT - you can look up these details on the government website, handy if you're looking for a new, second hand car.

I went to have a look at it first, checking its body work, tyre tread and the interior for scratches and damage. I wanted to check that the air con worked, the climate control was fine, the cruise control worked and that there were no problems with the DAB radio or the Bluetooth. 

My boyfriend also tagged along - as an experienced engineer in the field, he knows better than anyone what the warning signs are, particularly when it comes to looking under the bonnet and how it drives. Having taken a meticulous look around the vehicle, he gave it the go ahead and so we took it out for a test drive. Turned out I loved it right from the offset. As soon as I got out onto the road I knew I wanted this car.

We then went in and arranged a pick up time, so the car could be valeted and MOT'ed. I didn't actually pay for the car until I'd seen the vehicle one last time and received the outcome of the MOT, which had no advisories on it! Once that was all in check and I was happy with the inside, we drove it away that night. As of the 29th December, I've had it a week and I'm super chuffed with it.

Although I'm satisfied with the way it's been cleaned already, my boyfriend is itching to wash and wax it, which I think will bring out the metallic paint and chrome accents rather nicely. I'll help of course, although I've already gone round and cleaned the interior again, just because I want to keep it in good condition. I've even invested in a little car hoover for it so I don't have to bring the Dyson outside.

I still need to get used to it as it's a 1.4, so it's a little faster than the cars I've been used to previously. I'm not sure whether that's because it's an Adam Glam or not, so let me know if you're part of the Adam club. There are (I believe) three models in the Adam range, a Glam, a Slam and a Jam, I'm not sure what the differences are between the three, but the panoramic sunroof was definitely a selling point for me, it really brightens up the car on a bright, sunny day! What's more, it's even got burgundy, tartan seats - it just screams style in my opinion.

Everyone who has seen the car has said how 'me' it is, so everyone knows me well! Even my mum said, a few years ago when I first mentioned that I like the Adam, that she could see me driving one around the town. It was a toss up between a purple and white, two-toned one, a bright, all-red one or a navy and white one, but this one came up trumps every time!

It won't be making an appearance very often on here, but it'll more than likely make more appearances over on my Instagram account (link at the bottom of this blog post). So if you're part of the Adam clan, or you just want to stay updated, then feel free to follow me over there :)

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, let me know if you have a Vauxhall Adam or if you're looking at buying one yourself, it would be great to meet some fellow Adamers, haha. I'll see you again really soon with a brand new blog post for you all!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME

Twitter

Instagram

Pinterest

'Like' Us On Facebook!


PREVIOUS BLOG POST

We're Sleeping Easy with the SIMBA Hybrid Mattress


COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Disclaimer

Comments