A Quick Life Update


There's been rather a lot going on recently, something which may be relatively hard to believe given the fact that we're all in some sort of lockdown right now. But there have been a few things that have happened over the last few months that I thought I'd bullet point here, particularly for those who have either just found my blog or who have fallen behind with posts recently. It's not going to be a particularly long post, but I hope you still enjoy it nevertheless :)

I got a new job...but I'm still a Copywriter

Like millions of other people across the country, the pandemic lead to me losing my job. It was a very hard and confusing time for me - I felt useless and let down, all my energy was gone and I didn't feel like doing anything. The only thing that kept me going through all of that was running, but I realise that everyone has different ways of coping with things, but that was my way of coping with what I was going through.

To say I was gutted was an understatement because I love what I do, writing is all I've ever wanted to do, so I was so excited to have landed an interview with a brand new, innovative digital marketing agency doing the exact same job - being a Copywriter. Although, I have actually learnt so much there in the last two months, things I wouldn't have learnt if I'd stayed in the job I was in previously. 

So I was incredibly grateful to have been offered a role that I have always loved doing. Copywriters, in case you were wondering, write about everything and anything. From articles and website copy to press releases and posters, we're trained to write an abundance of content pieces about literally everything. 

Oh, and we have to proofread everything as well, whether it be my work or someone else's. Whether I have to write ten different location pages for the same business or write an interesting article for a huge, successful company, I absolutely love what I do and I'm so happy to be able to do that for a living.

I've moved in with boyfie!

In case you missed the blog post I wrote about us moving in together, I've added the milestone to this one instead! So yeah, after four years we took the plunge and decided to move in with each other - best decision we ever made basically, especially considering the lockdown. For months we made do just walking around for miles late into the evening and in all weathers. So we thought we deserved to pack that all in and just get a place. We're super happy and are loving every minute of it, and I don't think that's likely to change - honestly.

If you'd like to find out more about the day we moved in together, take a look at the blog posts below:

I finally passed my driving test

It was a very long time coming, even longer than I initially planned due to a few last minute lockdowns, but after the government rescheduling my test a few times I finally took the test on Friday the 18th December and passed first time with seven minors. 

To say I was happy was an understatement - when the examiner told me I'd passed, I literally said "oh my god, I'm SOOO happy" and I even clapped myself...but I could see him smiling under his mask so I don't think he minded that I was exceptionally pleased with myself.

Along with getting my driving license, it has taught me that actually, I really do need to believe in myself a bit more, because I was sooo nervous, to the point where I nearly talked myself out of the whole thing. I would feel ready one day and then not ready the next - I was all over the place, but everyone knew I could it without a problem, I just wish I'd have had that kind of belief in myself but now I will!

I bought a car

So within a few days of passing my test, I managed to buy a car. I won't say what make or model it is, but it's a burgundy/deep purple with a white roof and chrome accents. I want to do a whole blog post introducing my car to you guys because I think it's pretty funky for a first car. I actually bought it on Tuesday the 22nd December, so I've had it a week already, but don't worry, I'll show you guys eventually!

***

What have you been getting up to recently? Let me know in the comments below and I will see you again really soon with a brand new blog post for you :) I have some making up to do as I haven't been blogging throughout the whole of December, but keep a look out over the next few days as I'm sure there'll be a few posts being published soon!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments