Barry M 'Gelly Hi Shine' | Summer Nails

 

I'm not usually one to chat about how much I love painting my nails, because nine times out of ten, it's a massive chore and I really don't enjoy the experience. Unless someone else does them for me, I'm not one to spend ages painting my nails different colours once a week. But last weekend I went for an event with a club I'm involved with at university, and I wanted to paint my nails a bright colour to offset this black dress I was wearing. So I invested in a new nail polish. Barry M is pretty much known for their great quality nails polishes at low prices so I headed straight for their stand. I have tried pretty much every other type of nail polish they have apart from the 'Gelly Hi Shine' ones. I was immediately drawn to a brightly coloured one which was called 'Passion Fruit'. It wasn't as vibrant or florescent as 'Satsuma' which was basically orange. It was a nice but I didn't end up buying that one. 'Passion Fruit' is more of a bright coral colour. In my opinion it's a little more red in tone than orange, so if that's your thing or you're one the look out for a colour with exactly those properties then give this one a try.

I know I should have probably put that paragraph under a photo of the nail polish, but this was the basis for why I went out and purchased four more! I wanted to share them with you because these 'Gelly' polishes are unlike other nail polishes I have tried. For someone like me, who hates doing their nails, these are brilliant.

They're super opaque so only one coat is needed, they dry really quickly and they stay just as shiny as when you applied the polish. Their colour range is spectacular, with pretty much every colour any girl could need in terms of nail colour, you really should go and at least have a little browse around that section. I could have spend hours in Superdrug just looking at all the colours.

They're super cheap for the quality as well. The one I purchased lasted for a week before any chipping started, so they're hard wearing and long lasting. Coming in at just £3.99 you can't really go wrong! Right now, Superdrug are offering them up at two for £5 (offer valid at time of publishing) so grab them while you can! I'll leave some links for you throughout the post, that way, if you like the look of one, you can purchase it yourself :)

Shall we get started?

'PASSION FRUIT'


I've already chatted extensively in the intro of this post so I won't say anything else about it, but it is a beautiful colour, if you like vibrant nail shades, check this one out for sure!


'PAPAYA'


This one is lovely if you like a hint of colour but aren't much into bright, bold shades. It's a tiny bit darker on the nail, but it's definitely one for those of you who are a little more shy about the colours you have on your nails. It's still really pretty and perfect for the warmer season :)


'BLUEBERRY'


I put this on my nails the day I got it! I'm in love with this blue colour, so when I saw it on the Barry M stand I grabbed it. Again, it comes out a little brighter and darker on the nail, but its still a wonderfully fun colour to wear. I love it.


'GRAPREFRUIT'


This one is basically pink. It isn't Barbie pink, but it isn't a dark pink either, it's just a lovely in-betweeny pink which I was drawn to. I don't think I have any nail polishes quite this colour so I snapped it up. I think this one could be a great seller when Summer gets fully underway in the UK, especially when everyone goes on holiday. It looks similar in the photograph to 'Passion Fruit' but it really is pink, and doesn't resemble a coral colour in anyway. I can see myself reaching for this colour in the future, it is very pretty.


'SUGAR APPLE'


This looks similar to 'Blueberry', but this is a lot lighter and definitely more minty in colour than 'Blueberry'. Again, this is one for those of you who prefer a more subtle colour on their nails. It reminds me of mint and chocolate chip ice cream. It's a colour I think would be beautiful if worn to a wedding or a christening which is happening over this summer. Give it a go if you fancy subtle sweep of colour.


I hope you enjoyed this post, and it's given you some inspiration and persuaded you to try new nail colours this season. Let me know if you purchased any of these, or have the same shades already. I will see you Sunday with a brand new blog post for you :)
__________________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME


Comments

Popular Posts