Nottingham Castle: Food & Drink Festival


So 30th May was Bank Holiday Monday in the UK, so my mum and I decided to visit the food and drink festival which was on over the weekend. What better way to spend an abnormally warm and sunny bank holiday? We had so much fun just looking around at all the stalls. There were also some craft tents set up as well which was cute, but we didn't really look around those too much.

It's a great opportunity to try different sweet treats and savoury nibbles that are on offer. You could also sample some real ales, ciders, beers and lagers from various mobile bars, my favourite of which was a big red London bus! They also sold glasses of prosecco with strawberries and Pimms (one of my all time favourite alcoholic beverages). As well as this you could sample different flavoured vodka and gin which was pretty cute. So clearly, there was something there for everyone.

I had a cheeky pint of Blackberry and Nettle cider which sounds disgusting but it was incredibly tasty! I may have to check out the company's website for more details ;)


The tickets we bought also granted us access to the castle itself and the galleries and museums within its walls. However, being from Nottingham myself, we have visited Nottingham Castle on numerous occasions, I have fond childhood memories of the castle so it had a sentimental feel to it as well which was lovely.

I took some photos in and around the festival which I will leave below for you, I hope you enjoy them :)


We then made our way up to the balcony where you can pretty much see the whole of one side of Nottingham. You can pop 20p into the telescopes and go crazy spotting Nottingham landmarks. There is also a café up there as well, and the balcony is also where the cave tours start (Nottingham is famous for it's underground tunnels and ancient caves which run under, pretty much, the entire city!). Robin Hood and his merry men also made an appearance ;)



There was also live music playing in the band stand which created a wonderful ambience to go along with a beautiful Summer's day!


I've added this next photo for a bit of fun! Comment what your real ale name would be ;)

Mine is: 'Squires Amber Toad Plucker', how bizarre!


The area surrounding the castle is also really pretty, so I'll leave some shots of the surrounding area for you as well :)


The house below is where famous poet, Lord Byron used to live!


I really hope you enjoyed this blog post! Let me know if you've been attending anything similar and if so, where? I will see you Sunday with a brand new blog post for you all!
_________________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'My Month in Instagram Photos'

Comments

Popular Posts