Tasty Herbal Tea Infusions


I am a massive lover of coffee. I would drink it all day every day if it had no health implications whatsoever. But realistically, this isn't going to happen. Coffee will always surpass tea in terms of my own personal preference. But I had wanted to break this mould for a while now. English Breakfast Tea is tolerable to me now, whereas it wasn't before. I would happily go for afternoon tea, and actually have tea with my cake and sandwiches instead of water or orange juice. In light of this, I wanted to push the boat out even further, and opt to try some different fruit and herbal teas. The ones featured in this post are by far my favourites, so much so I wanted to share them with you :)

Let's do this!

 PUKKA - 'LEMON & GREEN TEA'


 Now, if you like Green Tea, but want to branch out slightly in the herbal tea department, this would be a great one to try! Yes, you could just drop a slice of lemon into a basic Green Tea, but trust me, it isn't the same. This tea sounds simple, but it really helps to take the edge off the 'muddy' taste that some Green Teas can have. I, like me, you want to get into drinking Green Tea, but simply hate the taste, this would be an awesome one to try out!

The benefits...

There are loads of health benefits that come with drinking Green Tea, mainly because it's high in antioxidants. it has been found, according to livestrong.com, that Green Tea posses some Cancer preventing properties, as well as helping prevent cardiovascular diseases. It can also lower LDL (bad) Cholesterol. The citrus juice within this can make the antioxidants easier for your body to absorb, as well as making it taste extra tasty :)

Lemons contain Vitamin C which can help repair body tissue, such as skin, teeth and bones! It can also help to heal open wounds a lot faster and often more efficiently. Moral of the story? Eat lots of citrus fruit ;)

 TAYLOR'S - 'SPICED APPLE'


I feel like you'd love this if you love warmly spiced drinks. Especially if you're a fan of fun and inventive hot drinks and teas around Christmas time! This is like Christmas in a cup! It is super tasty and tangy and strangely, it tastes lovely hot or cold! Who'd of thought? Yes it tastes like apple, but it also contains Ginger root, Cinnamon and Cardamom along with a whole host of different spices. If you hate sweet teas steer clear of this. It's a tea I would drink before bed to feel warm and cosy, and not what I would drink in the morning to help me feel awake and refreshed. Pop it on your shopping list if you love sweet fruit tea! It'll be a wonderfully delicious addition to your tea collection.

The benefits...

Cinnamon can help regulate blood sugar levels, and it can prevent the increase of LDL (bad) Cholesterol. The properties in the apple can help to carry more oxygen around your body via Vitamin B-6 which plays an important part in boosting your immune system! Who knows, this tea could help in ensuring you don't catch as many colds this year ;)

TEA PIGS - 'PEPPERMINT & LIQUORICE'



This tea is one I would probably drink in the morning or throughout the day, I perhaps wouldn't reach for this on a cold Winter's night for example. That being said, this is delicious! Although it is one of the most expensive teas on the list, I would say it's worth it if you're in to awakening your taste buds first thing in the morning! It's wonderfully refreshing and tastes more of peppermint than liquorice in my opinion which is good because I'm not a massive fan of liquorice at all. It's a wonderful tea to try if you prefer splashing out on your hot beverages, it makes a nice alternative to other fruit and herbal teas that one would reach for in the morning. Give it a try and see what you personally make of it :)

The benefits...

Peppermint can help reduce bloating and the chances of getting IBS (Irritable Bowl Syndrome), as well as relaxing the muscles around your body! It's incredibly tasty and refreshing but stay away from this tea if you suffer with some form of acid reflux! The liquorice can help aid digestion and also indigestion. It has the ability to subtly settle the stomach. It has also been proven it can help with bad coughs and colds as well as asthma of all things! But again, steer clear of this tea if you have high blood pressure.

I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if you decided to try any, or if you've tried them before! Do you have any fruit/herbal tea suggestions? Leave them in the comments section or contact me on social media using the links provided! I will see you Wednesday with a brand new blog post for you all! Have a great weeks my loves :)

P.S. Here's a photo of my sister enjoying her Spiced Apple fruit tea!

______________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME


Comments

Popular Posts