Things I'm Loving Right Now


Despite January being quite possibly one of the most miserable months of the year for many of us, there has in fact been a great deal of positivity for me. In order to keep that fire burning, I thought I'd share with you some of things I'm loving right now!


Delonghi coffee machine

I love coffee! It doesn't matter how it's made or by who, it's something I simply can't get enough of. So in order to save a bit of money on buying coffee out, we bought a super duper coffee machine. Not only does it grind down fresh beans, you can even froth the milk, allowing you to make a latte or cappuccino! It tastes pretty much like-for-like in comparison to what you'd get in somewhere like Starbucks or Costa. I get up every morning and make one to take out to work with me. It's perfect for  getting a caffeine fix without forking out the cash for one at a coffee shop chain.

If you're interested in buying a coffee machine like this, then I've written a blog post all about it, which you can read about here.



Radley reusable coffee cup

I know I keep harping on the topic of coffee, but I love this cup! It's just the right size and it's great at insulating the contents inside. I can make a coffee in the morning, bring it all the way to work and it'll still be hot by the time I get there! How impressive is that? I'm not sure if you can still get this or not, but I'm happy knowing that I'm no longer using disposable coffee cups - doing my bit for the environment!



Dior 'Backstage Glow Face' Palette

I have been on the lookout for a high-end complexion makeup palette for quite some time. Then I found this one (stocked by Debenhams), read the reviews and thought I'd go for it! Where this isn't the cheapest palette on the planet, I'm so glad I bought it because I'm loving it.

I don't use it every day of the week, instead I save it for weekends and certain occasions which require more of a glow! Anyway, this palette is absolutely beautiful, especially the highlighter. It's great for giving off a gorgeous glow, and I thoroughly enjoyed using it on the run up to Christmas and New Year!

It's incredibly long-lasting on the skin, lasting all day and well into the night! For the money, I'm not really surprised by these results, so it's proof that you really do get what you pay for, with most things anyway. If you don't have the money to splurge on this at full price, keep your eye out on the Debenhams website, as they often have 10/20% beauty days. You'll thank me later ;)

If you'd like to see more photos, then you can read this blog post!



Lancome L'absolu Rouge Ruby Cream - Rosewood

Much like the complexion palette, I was looking for a high-end lipstick which wasn't in a shade that could only be worn at parties, for example. So when I saw this, I jumped on the chance to buy it and I wasn't left disappointed. It's incredibly moisturising and the colour is so rich and pigmented that you really don't need much in order to achieve the perfect shade on the lips. Again, if you'd like to learn more about it, or see pictures of it before it was used, then take a look at this blog post.



Yves Saint Laurent 'Volume Effet Faux Cils'

I got this for Christmas from my parents, as YSL is now my new-found favourite makeup brand! Their lipsticks are gorgeous, and I love mine, so I wondered how their mascara would compare, and this is just brilliant. In comparison to drugstore alternatives, this is fantastic, so again, you get what you pay for in terms of certain makeup products! I'll be doing a post later on in the year about where to save and where to splurge when it comes to cosmetics, so keep your eyes peeled for that one!

This mascara is up there with my Lancome ones. It makes the lashes look full and long, as well as separating them out incredibly evenly. It lasts all day and well into the evening without smudging or transferring onto the eye lids - a common problem for those with long eye lashes. Do you want to know the best part? This mascara isn't even waterproof! So at the end of the day, it can be easily removed with a makeup wipe, but stay on perfectly for hours. Basically, this is a mascara that can always be counted upon!



Disney's 'Little Mermaid' Vinyl

My wonderful boyfriend bought this for me a few months ago, and ever since then, I've been unable to stop listening to it. Whenever I get the chance, this gets played! Getting ready for work? It's on. Tidying the house? It's on. Writing a blog post? It's on. It's just pure nostalgia for me, I feel like my four year old self comes out every single time I listen to it and it just makes me so happy...sad aren't I? Haha ;)



Barry M 'Molten Metal' Nail Paint - Copper

I don't tend to wear this nail polish all year round, especially on my finger nails. I've worn it in the summer before (on my toe nails) as it goes remarkably well with my black Birkenstocks, but other than that, I save it for the festive time of year. I wore it throughout Christmas and New Year, and into the first week of January. I love it so much I may even wear it all the way up until February. They have loads of different shades available now! 

When I first bought this, there were only three or four shades on sale. This nail polish still looks to be on the market, but under a different name. So if you like the look of this, look for a coppery colour. It may look garish in the bottle, but once it's on the nails, it looks beautiful! Give this polish a chance and you won't be disappointed.



***

What are you loving right now? Let me know in the comments below or via my social links! Want to know which candle I had burning? It's 'Angel Wings' by Yankee Candle and smells delightful :)

Shop the Candle


I'll see you again really soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME



PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts