Everything I Don't Like About Autumn

Don't get me wrong, I bloomin' LOVE autumn. Out of all the seasons, this ain't a bad one, BUT, that being said, there are a few things that I don't really like about autumn that I thought I'd share with you, what a cheery way to start Blogtober...

I've seen so many blog posts about what everything loves about the new season, so I thought I'd change things up a bit and contrast that idea with something that could prove to be slightly more entertaining...or more relatable even. There are a few people I know who just can't get their heads around why everyone loves autumn so much, so just to smash the stereotype that every blogger LIVES for the autumnal season, here's what I really dislike about it!

Unpredictable weather

I'm not a summer kinda gal, and so the heat isn't something I get on with. I find it really difficult to dress for, I'm uncomfortable most of the time due to the warmth and it really doesn't make me want to do much, so I find I'm not as productive as I would be when the colder weather hits.

SO, when autumn rocks around, the thing I look forward to most of all is the plunge in temperatures...which doesn't always happen. There have been a few years where I wrap up to go for a walk, but half way round I end up de-layering. 

Then I have to carry around my coat and scarf for the rest of the duration...basically, it's a pain the arse! I want the weather to say at a constant fresh, cool temperature, but it's just not going to happen, realistically.

Celebrating Halloween WAY too early

Being from England, Halloween wasn't really something that we went all out for. Decorations etc were only put up on the night (or the night before, at a push), and then they were taken back down again. Halloween only lasts for one night in the UK and so I don't really care for the celebrations (if you want to call it that) to start ridiculously early.

Autumnal colours adorning your home decor or even your wardrobe is fine, but the minute you get the pumpkins and skulls out as soon as the clock strikes midnight, signally the start of October, I'm not really for that...it just isn't my bag at all! But if you love that, then you do you, I just won't be partaking in the Halloween parties until the 31st October hits.

Autumnal fragrances

I love a good candle, but I live mostly for Christmas scents as opposed to anything else. But there's just something about autumnal fragrances that I just don't get...how can a candle smell like leaves, for example? Why would you want a candle that smells like leaves? How would you even define that smell, let alone capture it in a candle? I just don't understand, but I wish I did because they seem to be all the rave.

It starts getting dark again

Although I don't like the summer all too much, I really did enjoy the bright mornings and lighter evenings. Autumn doesn't allow for this, so you start to notice that, at 6pm, it gets dark. I often forget what it's like to go to work in the morning when it's dark and then leave in the evening when it's dark, so it's a bit depressing. That and it just seems to all happen at once, despite there (apparently) being a gradual build-up to it, I still believe that you wake up one day and it's dark still at 7am.

All plant life starts dying

Yeah, leaves start changing colour, but that's about it in terms of appealing autumnal changes. Even the change of leaf colour signals its demise, so it's not all happy clappy. As you've probably gathered by now, summer ain't my fave, but one thing I do enjoy is the plant life and all the colour it brings. Autumn destroys that all, so you know that you now have to wait months to see some gorgeous flowers blooming again. 

There are no more bank holidays until Christmas...which is still a very long way away...

Everyone loves a good bank holiday, so it's annoying when you realise that you won't be getting anymore until Christmas time :( but then again, it gives us something to look forward to, doesn't it? I like to spend my bank holidays inside with a good film and a glass of wine, how do you like to spend your bank holidays?

SPIDERS!

Who actually likes spiders? I don't think I've ever met anyone who can honestly say they like to have spiders in their home. I for one cannot stand them. They look alien, they move wayyyy too fast, some of them are absolutely massive and they hide in the most ridiculous places. 

One minute you're minding your own own business, and the next, you're scared to even put a toe on the floor of your own house because you've spotted an absolute monster running under the sofa - the living room now belongs to the spider...

On the 'scared-of-spiders scale', I'd say I'm about the same as Ron Weasley in the second Harry Potter film - absolutely petrified. 

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post - a little spin on the usual autumnal blog posts knocking about this time of year. Let me know what you dislike about autumn and whether you agreed with any of the things I've included in this list! I'll see you again really soon with a brand new blog post for you all.

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts