5 Things All New Bloggers Will Understand

 

Despite having this blog for over eight years now, I can still remember the day I published my first ever blog post. It was pretty scary but also quite exciting at the same time. But when I thought back to it, I started to remember other thoughts I had when I was a new blogger and how relatable they could be to others who are new to the game. So here it is, five things I remember as a new blogger and that you'll probably understand if you're only just starting out!

1 | There's more to blogging than you might think

I found this out pretty soon into the venture. There's a lot of work that goes into a blog, especially if you create your own photos and do SEO work yourself. It could also take a while to write the article itself, and, for those who are hardcore enough, you might even have to get your head around HTML. 

Where you totally enjoy creating content for your followers, it can be hard to stay on top of purely because of how much work goes into one blog post. So be patient with bloggers when they haven't posted on the day they usually do, they're probably just working on some stellar content for you to enjoy and it'll be worth the wait.

2 | It takes time

Rome wasn't built in day. You have to take your time and pace yourself when it comes to blogging. This keeps content fresh and consistent. When I first started, I was coming up with loads of ideas for blog posts, so much so, I ended up overwhelming myself a bit too much, leading to me taking a very early break.

Spread your time across the month and the ideas and inspiration will come to you eventually. Start off slow and the rest will follow. Don't worry about producing loads of content when you're so new to the game, quality over quantity is always the way forward!

3 | Numbers aren't everything

It can be disheartening when you spend so much time on one blog post for it to only get a few reads, but as your platform and social media accounts grow, so will your audience. You can't expect to publish something out of the blue and for it to get thousands of views at once - it just doesn't work like that, as much as you want it to.

When I first started, I was getting about 300 views a month, now I get around 9,000 and that's after having the blog for eight years. Keep working at it, keep growing your social accounts and learn about SEO, because that'll help to boost your numbers as well. There are loads of free courses online or simply read a few articles about it. Trust me, it'll help :)

4 | Experimentation is key

Often, this comes with getting to know your audience. Use Google Analytics to find out which posts or topics do well and revolve content around those subject matters. Experimentation is also important when it comes to photographs. You may take pictures and think the quality is rubbish, so you invest in a new camera. You may not like the lighting in one place so try another. 

If a photo looks a bit plain, find some props to fill out the frame and try again. Take lots of photos from different angles and in different light and pick the best ones. It's all about trial and error. Once you've found what works, you can keep using that formula, so creating content will become a little easier for you over time.

5 | Working with brands is the best thing ever

There's just something magical about collaborating with a brand and that feeling never really wears off. The first time a brand gets in touch with you via your blog or Instagram page, you get this feeling that all of your hard work has paid off and I never get tired of that. Even if you start off small, like being asked to review a cafe or a beauty product that's sent to you for free, it all adds to that accomplished feeling. So keep going and you'll be soon have requests flooding in!

***

Are you a new blogger? Do you remember the first ever time you posted to your site? Let me know in the comments below! I'll see you again soon with a brand new blog post for you all.

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments