Everything I Loved in August

Another month has come and gone and we're now slowly creeping into the autumn months. As the weather turns colder and the warm weather becomes a distant memory, let's take a look back at how my August was, together with everything that I loved throughout the last month of the summer season.

Spending time in Wales with my brother & his fiancee

My brother lives in Wales with his lovely fiancee, and we were delighted to go and see them and spend some time at their home considering they had come to see us countless times in comparison. We spent a long weekend there just chilling out and enjoying some quality time together. From running through sunflower fields and picking strawberries to swimming in the ocean and enjoying some amazing food and drink, I'm going to leave drop a photo dump below for you to take a look at :)

Our newly-upgraded garden

I've written an entire blog post that shows you pretty much every corner of our refreshed garden (which you can read about here). But we've actually finally been able to use and enjoy it this month, given that July was somewhat of a wash-out. Even when we haven't been able to use it, it's been a pleasure to just open the curtains in the morning and look out at it in its new state. It's brought me so much joy recently, so I thought I'd add it to my list of everything I've loved in August.

Tom's birthday celebrations

August is Tom's birthday month, and this year, we celebrated his 29th birthday! Seeing as it's not a big one, he decided that he'd like to take things easy. So we went out for dinner the Friday beforehand and we also did some axe-throwing, which was cool, but I was rubbish at it haha. 

On the Saturday, we had another chilled out day, but Tom's birthday was actually on the Sunday, so we waited to celebrate with his family until the actual day. On the Sunday, we went out for some lunch and then came back and had some birthday cake, which I had made from scratch in the shape of Mickey Mouse! It was such a lovely, laid-back weekend that it was almost impossible not to include in my little list of August joy.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

This month, I saw the Rocky Horror Picture Show at the theatre for the third time. It's always such a scream to go and see and it was the first time that Tom had actually ever seen it in the theatre. He said it was an experience, but that he'd definitely go again if I was interested in giving it another watch, so I may well hold him to that, haha! We went with my mum and my sister as well, so it really was a great night and something that stands out to me in August.


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Let me know in the comments what you enjoyed throughout the month of August and I'll see you again very soon in a new month to start welcoming in the autumn season :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments