My Favourite Purchases of the Month


Hi guys! So this week I decided to write a post featuring some bits and bob I've purchased over the past month! January can be a miserable time of year. The wonderful glow of Christmas has melted away and the excitement of a new year has passed and we find ourselves left with this weird month. A month where the weather is dreadful, its freezing cold and everyone is too scared to check their bank balance until pay day! However, if you received vouchers or money for Christmas, then you probably went out and spent it! I don't blame you either, everyone needs some retail therapy at some point!

So I thought I'd show you what I've been buying when I decided to drown my sorrows in the local shopping centre! Enjoy!

NEW LOOK


Red Stripe T-Shirt - £7.99



I thought this would be great for summer! It comes up pretty big anyway, so you'll be fine just getting your own size if you want it to flow, but go a size down perhaps if you'd like a tighter fit! It's a light material, so maybe not so warm for these colder months, but definitely a staple for the Spring and Summer!

Voulez Vous T-Shirt - £7.99



Again, I thought this would be a great piece for the summer. Like the red top, the fabric is light and thin, which also makes the top slightly see-through unfortunately, however you'll be alright if you wear a simple white or nude coloured T-Shirt bra underneath it! It's just a very simple take on plain white tee. So if that's your thing, check it out!

Mustard Yellow & Navy Stripe Jumper - £11.99


I actually saw this jumper on New Look's Instagram page, and I loved the look of it! So I went out and bought it. I loved the colour, mustard yellow seems to be pretty on trend this Winter, that and I liked the navy stripes, which meant it would go perfectly with dark blue denim jeans or tucked into a skirt! Turns out its actually quite a popular item in there at the moment, but their stocks seem to replenish fairly quickly, so you may be alright when going in store to buy one. If not, check out the website!

SUPERDRUG

Barry M 'Candy Culture' Nail Paint - Blueberry Bon Bon - £3.99




Anyone who knows me will know I have a very big obsession with this colour blue! I have a Blue Roberts Radio, a blue alarm clock my boyfriend bought for me (which is pretty cool!), I've even hand painted my bedroom furniture this light blue colour, it's just such a fresh, Spring/Summer colour and it will go with anything! It's also scented once dry. I haven't yet tried it, but when I do, let me know if you'd like a review on it!

Real Techniques Powder Brush - £10.99


You might be wondering why this could possibly be a favourite purchase, it's not very exciting, I know, but it's something I've needed for quite some time now. It was one of those things where I kept saying 'I'll get round to it' but never did. But one this trip I finally remembered that I needed one and so picked one up! There's something so nice about a new makeup brush though isn't there?

DOROTHY PERKINS

Black 'Libby' Brogue Loafers - £20.00


I really needed some new, smart black shoes, in fact I've needed some for a while now. So last Saturday my boyfriend and I took a trip into town, we had a coffee and then headed into Dorothy Perkins as I've always liked their shoes! These were actually the second ones I tried on, they were comfy so I bought them. My boyfriend was relieved though as we were in there less than ten minutes, if that! These are pretty comfy and they're smart looking so I'm happy! Time for the worst part though, breaking them in.

FIORELLI

Seymour Tote Bag - Purple - £42.00 (was £70.00)


Now I said it was £42.00, but it wasn't for me. I actually ended up paying £37.59. At the time I was looking on their website, there was an extra 20% off their sale items. So that was £8.40 off £42.00, giving a total of £33.60. However postage and packaging is £3.99 (damn postage) which brings it up to £37.59. Which is still better than £42.00 or £70.00 for that matter! However, at the time you're reading this the 20% offer has since been withdrawn, unless it's reintroduced at a later date.

I get very bored with my handbags very quickly. That and I need bigger ones for my university work, commuting and also for when I get into a full time job in the Summer hopefully. I wanted a good quality bag, in a lovely colour, with lots of room. I feel I got what I wanted with this bag. The colour is very Autumnal, but I love it! It's a wonderful deep berry colour. I won't lie to you though, I actually bought it with next Autumn in mind as well! I think it'll be fine to use in the summer as well, I mean when you have a bag this beautiful, who cares what colour it is?

SAINSBURYS

White Faux Fur Cushion - £17.00
(could not find link to white one, this one however is brown)


I can't really justify why I bought this, it was soft, and big and I just liked it. It may seem a little tacky to some and it's not something you'd have on your bed etc all year round, but while it's cold, I think it's perfectly acceptable. It's quite firm as well, so it's great to lean your back on, it's also super warm and very soft! So if you can get your hands on one, whether it be white or brown, you won't be disappointed!

***

I hope you enjoyed this post. I'll be back next week with a brand new post for you! Have a great weekend.

***

WHERE TO FIND ME


PREVIOUS BLOG POST

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts