10 Things That Have Made Me Happy This Week

1. We washed my new car for the first time and it's so shiny!

If you've been following me recently, you'll know that I bought a new car right before Christmas and now, my little Vauxhall Adam has been washed, polished and waxed to perfection. Although it was clean when I picked it up, it wasn't quite up to our standards, so we gave it a deep clean and it was definitely worth the frozen fingers and toes when we were finished. After that, we warmed up, defrosted and then ate fish and chips for dinner - yummy!

2. It snowed yesterday

As I'm writing this, it's Monday, but yesterday (24th January), it snowed rather heavily where we live. I understand that many people across the country experienced snow, but it made me happy because it was something different for us all. I looked out of the window to see people in their gardens laughing, building snowmen and having fun with their families. So although the snow itself made me happy, it was more the joy that it brought everyone, especially the children, during a time where we could all do with some cheering up.

3. A late Christmas present arrived for me

I've been an avid fan of The Little Mermaid since I was four years old (something you'll know about me if you've been around here for a while), and my boyfriend is very much aware of my undying love for all things Ariel. Therefore, as a wonderfully thoughtful gift, he bought me a movie poster that had come all the way from New York to display in our living room and I absolutely adore it, especially now it's been framed.

4. My new jumpers

I bought some jumpers from Next and I've only just started wearing them, but I can't understand why I didn't think to take them out for a spin, so to speak, before, because they're ever so comfortable and cosy! I'm going to be dedicating a blog post to the new jumpers so I can show you them both in more detail, but for now, you can enjoy a few close ups of my new clothes :)

5. I've been eating breakfast

It might not sound like much, but I'm not really very good at eating breakfast. So it wasn't until I moved in with my boyfriend that I started to eat breakie - the most important meal of the day, apparently. I finally came to the realisation that you need it to get through the first half of the day without feeling exceptionally hungry by lunchtime. In case you were wondering what I've been enjoying eating for breakfast, I love a toasted crumpet, hot cross bun, a slice of toast or a bowl of Shredded Wheat in the morning!

6. Arden coffee beans

Sticking to the breakfast theme, Arden Coffee really do supply the best, most delicious coffee beans. I actually prefer it to the commercially available brands and I think you would too! I can't really see myself deviating from this independent coffee business, if I'm being honest! I'll leave a link below to the blog post I wrote specifically about the brand and some of the coffee beans they sell, together with a link to their website in case you're interested. Their coffee beans are also very reasonably priced, if that's something you're concerned about.


7. Hob Nobs!

Simple but effective, I think Hob Nobs are superior to most other biscuits! Perfect alongside a coffee or a cuppa, a Hob Nob really does hit the sweet snack spot. The taste, texture and size is just right - so much so, it's overtaken my love for Rich Tea Fingers and Malted Milks. I'm not a fan of the chocolate variety, just the plain ones will do :)

8. Family Fortunes with Les Dennis

An absolute throwback when it comes to game shows and British TV, but Family Fortunes with Les Dennis is simply nostalgia and I LOVE it. The TV channel, Challenge, has become my new best friend as they show re-runs at lunchtime - you can guess what I get up to during my lunch breaks when working from home! Let me know what your favourite game show was back in the day. I also enjoyed Bruce's Price is Right, Supermarket Sweep, Blankety Blank and Blind Date.

9. Heinz tomato soup

Perfect for the cold weather we've been having, I've been loving a nice smooth bowl of hot tomato soup - but it simply HAS to be Heinz, I've found that no other brand tastes quite the same and I've since developed quite the taste for it. Sometimes, I'll even buy an artisan loaf of bread so I can have a thick, crusty slice of fresh bread to go along side it - delicious!

10. Slippers

I simply hate having cold feet, so I've been wearing slippers at every available opportunity as opposed to wearing socks and it's the best decision I have ever made, especially now we have wooden floors. Socks don't quite give you the cushioning you need to get around a wooden surface comfortably, but slippers do! Not to mention they also keep my tootsies nice and warm, of course ;)

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post! What has made you happy this week? Leave me a comment in the section below, no matter how small you think it might be. I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post for you all :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts