Review: Tea Tree 'Skin Clearing' Facial Wash | The Body Shop


I'm always looking for a new face wash to try, no matter what the brand is, I'm willing to give anything a go to see how it deals with my skin. I was actually given this free from The Body Shop, so I thought I'd put it through its paces. If you wanted a truly honest verdict, then you've come to the right place :) Enjoy, friends!

First impressions

It definitely looks the part. With a fresh and crisp design, much like the scent, it's definitely a sophisticated bottle to have out in the bathroom. It's the perfect travel size, so you won't have to worry about taking up too much space with full sized bottles you don't need. The great thing about this product is that you only really need to use a small amount of it, because even a pea-sized drop will end up covering your face.

I like to use this with exfoliating gloves, just to make my skin extra smooth as this isn't an exfoliating face wash. It also smells incredible, something I was surprised about for a tea tree scent. I'll be honest I wasn't really looking forward to using it purely based on the smell. I thought it would bring back terrible childhood memories of being combed for head lice (a trauma every child has to endure at some point in their lives), but luckily, I wasn't transported back to that experience, for which I was thankful - well done Body Shop!

My thoughts after a few uses

Where the first few uses were great, I didn't really see a noticeable different in my skin after a number of tries over several weeks. Although, it did make my skin feel softer and fresher, but overall, the effects weren't quite what I was expecting - disappointing as usually The Body Shop get products like this so right.

If you had a different experience with it, please do let me know because I want this product to work so badly, but it just doesn't seem to be for my skin. I'm already looking into alternative face washes, mainly from LUSH, but I'm determined to use up this bottle, just to see if it can be turned around over the next few weeks.

To conclude...

It smells divine and leaves my skin feeling soft and fresh. I haven't noticed a considerable difference in the appearance of my skin, nor have my spots felt any impact, but it's a nice face wash if you're looking for one to wake you up in the morning or after a hot, sweaty workout.


***

Let me know how you got on with this face wash. Do agree with my findings or did you have a different experience? I would love to know! I'd also be interested to see if you guys had any face wash recommendations for me, because I'm always on the hunt for a new one to try. I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts