3 Reasons Why I Love Driving a Small Car

I know a lot of people like to drive larger cars, whether it be for the added space or robustness, but living in a small village with a city around 40 minutes away, having a small runaround is ideal for me. In case you didn't know, I have an Adam Vauxhall Glam. 

It's two-tone in burgundy and off-white. It also has a panoramic sunroof, which doesn't open, but it does let in a lot of natural light, which I love about it. If you want to see some more pictures of it, including the interior, then take a look at this blog post :) Anyway, enough about the car itself; let's get onto why I love driving such a dinky car.

1. It's cost-effective to run

There are loads of ways in which this car is cost-effective to run. Not only is the petrol tank small (it only costs around £40 to fill it), but maintenance fees are reasonable, including oil changes and replacement tyres. 

My back windscreen wiper only cost £6, for instance, and it's made by Bosch. It's relatively inexpensive to look after considering a car is usually a significant outlay. Also, I paid for it outright so there's no finance on it which makes my bank account better off every month. This is just one of the reasons why I love to drive such a small car.

2. It's easy to park

I'm on of these people who hate parking their cars, especially in tight spaces. Thinking about having a car bigger than this one makes me nervous, just because I'd be terrible at parking it. This car is so small that it can literally fit into any space. 

Whether it be the tightest space at Tesco during peak times or a spot on the village highstreet that no other car can squeeze into, I'll always be able to bag a space thanks to how small it is. 

It also comes with a City Driving mode. If you press the button to activate it, the steering becomes really light which makes backing into compact parking spaces an absolute breeze. It's also great for navigating around tight corners - perfect when you live in a small village.

3. It's perfect for city driving

This is made super easy with such a small car, even without having the City Driving mode on. As it's so tiny, it can nip in and out of places in a flash and with minimal effort required. From swinging by and picking up a friend at the trains station to a quick shopping trip in the centre of town, having a small car makes it all a far more enjoyable experience. I can tuck into the tiniest of places and don't have to worry about larger cars opening doors out onto me, because mine is so small.

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments whether you have the same car as me and love it as much as I love mine. I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments