My Summer 'To-Do' List


The one thing I am looking forward to the most is finishing my exams and basically having a great, relaxing Summer. I'm pretty sure every other A Level student feels exactly the same at this moment in time, it's inevitable. To be honest, the only thing that keeps me going through exam season is the thought of what I can do when the exams are over. Like they said in 'The Fault in Our Stars' "if you want the rainbow you have to deal with the rain". So, to help motivate me further, I decided to write this post as a prompt to myself, almost like a diary entry that's just being made extremely public, but it will be nice to look back and see if I have managed to achieve anything on my list!

1) To get a French conversation teacher
I didn't like French at school, I enjoyed German, but the GCSE class was full so I did French instead as I wanted a qualification in at least one foreign language. Even though I can say I got a C in the subject, I can't remember a lot. I enjoy speaking the odd bit of French though, whether it's just me being silly or answering a question on the game show 'Pointless'. I think being able to speak it is more appealing and also more useful than just writing it or simply translating it. I would love to be able to speak fluent French, so I've made that one of my goals this Summer.

The second lady from the right (the one with really curl hair) will hopefully be teaching me, she's a family friend :)

2) To start driving lessons
In addition to the French lessons, I would love to start driving, I'm 20 and have only had one lesson out on a track, but never out on the road with other, more experienced drivers. To be honest, it scares me a bit, you see so many idiot drivers around that it just puts me off wanting to drive completely, but I know its something I will have to do sooner or later. My brother is 18 and recently passed his test, I wish I had started from the age of 17 because I would probably have a full drivers license by now, but hey ho, I will have one one day :)


3) To lose weight
I would love to lose some more weight, I'm not too happy with my body right now and to be honest, all this sitting around and revising isn't doing my body any good. I walk the dog every day to stretch my legs and I have vowed to go swimming at least once a week starting from now. I used to go swimming really regularly but then my self esteem issues kicked in and I eventually hated the site of me in a swimming costume, so I took to going the gym instead wear I could cover up and feel a lot more comfortable in my surroundings.

I also want to lose some for when I start uni, starting uni will be a fresh start, both mentally and physically. To me, that includes getting into shape, and properly this time. I will go back on my 5:2 diet and exercise a hell of a lot more regularly. The reason I've waiting to do this after my exams is because who wants to be dieting during exam season? xD

4) To paint my chest of drawers
My chest of drawers are as old as I am and because its made of a beautiful wood, I don't want to sand and paint that particular one, so instead, I'm going to swap drawers with my sister who has a simple one from Argos that I'm going to sand and paint, just like I did with my bedside table, chair, and dressing table.

This is the one I want to swap with my sister :) 

5) To work more overtime
 I want to get more working hours over the Summer. It will get me out the house and interacting with people as well as putting money into my bank account. Seeing as will have all day every day for about 3 months, I will want to work wherever there's a chance. I already do 12 hours a week, but I would love to earn more so I can save up for a plane ticket to New York. I loved it so much when I went 2 years ago and I want to go back soon, hopefully for my 21st birthday :)

Thats it so far guys, what do you plan on doing this Summer? Are any goals the same as mine? Let me know in the comment section below or via one of my social networking sites below :) See you next time :)
 _______________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME
Twitter
Instagram
Google +
Pinterest 

PREVIOUS POST: 'TAG: My First Time'

DISCLAIMER

I have not been paid or sponsored to write this specific blog post. All views and opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any companies that may be mentioned in this blog post. All photographic content is my own. No Copyright infringement intended.

Comments