Twenty Six

For those of you who aren't aware, I spent Sunday celebrating my 26th birthday! I can't believe another lockdown birthday has rolled around, but hey ho! Despite not being able to have family and friends over to share the day, I had a wonderful time with Tom, who even cooked me a beautiful breakfast :) 

I thought I'd document my birthday here, almost like a diary entry so I can remember what I did, much like I did last year. You can see what I got up to for my 25th birthday here. Basically, I had a child's themed birthday party and had the best time! So if you're interested in that, then take a look- it might even give you some ideas for your own birthday this year.

Anyway, lets get into what I did the day I turned 26!

A slow, relaxing start to the day

I spent the first part of the morning chilling out in bed, opening cards and presents and drinking coffee. It was a lovely, chilled out morning, although I did get to enjoy some delicious, homemade eggs benedict that Tom had made me for breakfast, all with a view of my beautiful birthday flowers sent to me by my auntie, uncle and cousins!

A quick pamper & my comfy birthday outfit

After breakfast, I got showered, washed my hair, did my makeup and got dressed. As the day was going to be nice and chilled, I thought I'd opt for a comfy, yet somewhat stylish outfit - hopefully I achieved that, haha! For those wondering, my jeans are from New Look and my T-Shirt is actually from the gift shop at Graceland in Memphis, TN. SO unless you find yourself that way, you may struggle to get your hands on one of these tops - sorry about that.

Fish, chips & a brisk walk

To finish the day, we ordered some fish & chips for dinner! I had chips, mushy peas, gravy and a fish cake, whereas Tom had chips and a sausage with curry sauce and mushy peas. There was so much there that we simply couldn't finish it, so as you can guess, we really were very full up. As a result, we thought we'd walk off the food, so we went for a 3.5km walk around the area, which was really nice as the weather was dry, but crisp - just how I like it really.

Wine, birthday cake & Line of Duty

As part of my birthday present this year, my parents bought me six bottles of British red wines, so I just HAD to crack open a bottle and have a delightfully smooth, fruity glass of wine to go alongside my homemade birthday cake, lovingly created by my lovely mum! 

But while I was eating amazing cake and drinking delectable wines, I was watching the first episode of the sixth season of Line of Duty, which received a record number of viewers! If you haven't seen Line of Duty before, you really do need to get into it because it's absolutely brilliant - trust me, you'll love every minute :)


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Let me know if you've had a lockdown birthday this year and tell me how you celebrated. I'll see you again really soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. Lockdown birthdays are so hard, but it sounds like you managed to make the best of it! Although after a bit pile of chips I'd be ready for a nap rather than a walk XD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts