Homeware I Have My Eye on This Summer


We're doing up our guest room right now and I cannot wait to kit it out with homeware. So naturally, I hit Pinterest for guest bedroom inspiration. We're painting it Natural Hessian by Dulux, so it will be slightly beige. Therefore, I was looking at homeware that would complement the colour of the walls. So after having a good look, I found these pieces that I absolutely love. Hopefully, you'll like them as much as I will :)

Dried flowers bedding

When I came across this bedding on Pinterest and saw that it was from Dunelm, I was really surprised, because it looked far more expensive and high end. I loved the look of it that much and I thought the colouring in it was so perfect that I bought a set for our spare room. The duvet cover and pillowcase set was around £19 for a double which I thought was really reasonable given that some bedding can cost ridiculous amounts.


Some decorative cushions

As you can see by the bedding, it's very pastel and earthy in tone and colour but I feel as though it looks a little bare on its own, especially seeing as it's a guest bed. So to make it look a little more comfortable and cosy, I'd like to have a couple of scatter cushions to throw on it to bring out the beige tones in the bedding. Nothing fancy, just a really simple cushion that'll perfectly complement the bedding!

Amber vase

Much like the cushions, I wanted a vase that would complement the colour of both the bedroom and the bedding. I thought that this would be the best colour in that sense as I feel like ceramic ones can be  cumbersome and look a bit clumsy. I just don't really want to put bulky things in the room because I don't want it to seem too cluttered. So a transparent amber glass vase made far more sense in my mind. I finally found one on Amazon after scouring the internet for so long but I can't find the link to it :/.

Faux grasses

I've wanted some fake grass-like flowers in the house, somewhere, for quite some time now and I thought that the spare bedroom would actually be the perfect place to put them for a bit of decor and to soften the room a little. I was looking everywhere for some that weren't just boring and brown so I came across some that were a little more beigey-pink in tone rather than brown or sand-like. 

Again, they were from Amazon but I can't seem to find the link. Anyway, I ordered them after finding the following arrangement on Pinterest. I've had my eye on something similar for a good while and I thought that now the guest bedroom was nearing completion, I'd buy a bunch!

Wooden Venetian blinds

We needed a set of blinds for the guest bedroom, preferably Roman blinds but we decided against them in the end because they were far more expensive than we anticipated. But by the time we found somewhere that would do them for us far cheaper, the wait time was too long as we needed the guest room to be complete by the end of August.

So we opted for some clean, modern Venetian blinds instead. The furniture in the bedroom will be white, but all the decor will not be and neither will the walls. So we thought the white blind would complement the furniture and offsite the Natural Hessian shade even further. We're going to go and pick up a set from Dunelm and change them out for Roman blinds when we redecorate in a few years time.


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below whether you have your eye on any of the same things or any of yours different to mine? I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments