Lunch at The Packe Arms


The Packe Arms, located in the outskirts of Loughborough, is a small countryside pub that is also dog-friendly. They have a great, versatile menu and they have ample drinks available as well. There's something there for everyone, from wine to mocktails. 

We thought this was the perfect spot for some lunch after we visited our wedding venue with family. I wasn't originally going to blog about our experience, but I can't stop thinking about how good the food was. In fact, we're booked in to again with friends next month. So let me tell you what I had for lunch at The Packe Arms!

A baked camembert to share for starters

Camembert isn't for everyone. It has a very distinct, unique taste, but I love a baked camembert every now and again. Believe it or not, but Tom actually enjoys it as well, which I was surprised about. But that means that I have someone to share my camembert with and so I was thrilled to see that they had a baked camembert on their menu. We had this as a starter with some delicious bread and a zingy chutney. 

If you're not a fan of the taste of camembert on its own, or if you find it too sharp, then eating it with a chutney is the best way forward. You also need the right bread. The bread that came with this was perfect because the crust was robust but the bread inside was soft and tasty. It's exactly what you want as an accompaniment to a baked camembert. All in all, it was great as a starter and I'd be more than happy to have it again.

A signature burger for the main course

This was a beef burger than came with cheese and bacon on a brioche bun and seasoned fries. I couldn't eat it all, but it was so delicious. I would have it again but I'm wanting to try something new next time we go. I'm hoping that Tom will order it so I can pinch some of his, haha. The burger was moist and cooked to perfection. 

They even asked me how I would like the burger cooking - rare, medium, well-done etc. It came with a mayonnaise (the orange-coloured sauce you can see on the side of the burger) that was flavoured to perfection and there was just about the right amount on there; not too much, not too little, just right! 

It was topped off with two onion rings and a side of fries. Everything tasted so fresh and high-quality, it was just a pleasure to consume, rather than just being something you have to eat because you're hungry. I recommend the burger 100%, if you ever go. You won't be left disappointed.

An espresso martini for afters

I couldn't finish the burger, so there was no way I was going to have a pudding. Instead, I opted for an alcoholic beverage - an espresso martini. I was toying with the idea of just having a standard hot coffee, but I saw this on the drinks menu and immediately changed my mind. 

It was probably one of the best espresso martinis I've ever had. It was so flavourful, yet you could really taste the alcohol in it. It was just perfect for an after-dinner beverage and didn't tip me over the edge in terms of being full. If you're scanning the drinks menu for a creamy alcoholic cocktail, then this is the one to go for!

***

Let me know in the comments whether you've ever been to The Packe Arms or if I've now twisted your arm and convinced you to go and give it a try and I'll see you again really soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME

Twitter

Instagram

Pinterest

'Like' Us On Facebook!


PREVIOUS BLOG POST

Marking One Year of Engagement


COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments