3 Rules That Help Me to Keep Our Kitchen Organised After Each Day

When it comes to keeping the kitchen tidy, it's simply something I have to do, no matter what I'm doing or what time it is, the night before. I cannot wake up to an untidy kitchen, which is why I follow a few rules to make sure that the kitchen is tidy the next day, but that my job the night before is as simple and as straightforward as it possibly can be, to save some time. So here are 3 rules that help me to keep our kitchen organised after each day:

1. Making sure everything goes back in its designated place

Everything has a place and everything goes back in its place once it has been used or finished with. This goes for everything. From clean pots and pans to a bottle of washing up liquid, I ensure that everything that has been used goes back in its place. Not only does it make the place look more tidy, but it also makes everything easier to locate, which we'll get onto in a moment...

2. Ensuring that everything is easy to find

There's nothing more infuriating than going to make a cup of coffee the next morning and not being able to find the beans to fill the machine up with. The last thing you want to do early in the morning is go rummaging through cupboards. I like to make sure that everything goes back in its place so that they can be found easily. It makes for a tidy kitchen in the morning, but it also makes for a stress-free start to the day.

3. Carrying out small tasks that "reset" the kitchen

The small tasks that I like to carry out at the end of every day includes things like, wiping down the worktops, putting the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, putting clean and dry pots and pans away and I also like to wipe down the hob and also the oven after I've used it. 

You might think wiping out the oven is a bit OTT, but deep cleaning one that's full of burnt-on grime is not a task I want to do, so I keep on top of it from the offset. At least it's ready should one of us want to use the oven for breakfast or lunch the next day. It also removes the smells of the dinner the night before.

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and that you found it useful? What do you like to do in your kitchen the night before for an easy morning? Let me know in the comments below and I will see you again very soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts