Everything I Loved in February


Another month down in 2024 and another month closer to our wedding. I feel like our entire year just revolves around that, and rightly so because it's so important. But enough of what's going on next month for now. Let's talk about everything that's been going on this past month and what I loved about February 2024.

My hen do

This month, it was time to celebrate my Hen do. I had such a great time with all the people who are close to me and I couldn't have wished for a better night. We had a meal followed by a cocktail-making masterclass at the Slug & Lettuce. It was such a brilliant night where the drinks never stopped flowing. 

We had a good sing and a dance and finished the night off in the Cosy Club for a few chilled out drinks. Of course, we ended up in McDonalds afterwards, haha. But if you're wondering what my outfit consisted of that night, you can see what I wore on my Hen do, from the blouse to the earrings, in a different blog post!

Celebrating my brother's birthday

It was nice to celebrate my brother's birthday with him this year, because he lives in Wales, so it's not often anymore that we can spend the day with him. But it was lovely. It was a chilled day, filled with great food and family. What's better than some pub grub on a cold Sunday afternoon?

Valentine's Day

We're not big on celebrating Valentine's Day. Since moving in together, we haven't really bothered going out for dinner or doing anything special to mark the day. I think celebrating one in lockdown made us realise that, actually, we could do a pretty good job of celebrating it at home, in our own way. This year, we swapped cards, Tom bought me some gorgeous flowers, we did a full working day and then we had steak, chips and mushrooms for dinner, tiramisu for pudding, a glass of wine for afters and we stuck a film on. There really wasn't anything else to it :)

Bringing my wedding dress home

I had my final two wedding dress fittings this month and it was finally time for me to bring it home with me, after months and months of it being in the bridal shop. It was made-to-order, as most dresses are, but it needed the expertise of a seamstress for the finishing touches. It's now at home, ready to be worn again on the big day. I also picked up my accessories, which is exciting. Now all I have to do is make sure I don't forget any of them on the day, haha.

Having some gel nails done

It was my first time having gel nails done in a salon. I had been tempted to do it myself, but you read some horror stories so I decided to let a pro do it for me. It was such a nice experience. I went for something understated, but it was still obvious that I had my nails professionally manicured. I had them done for my hen do, but now I've had gel nails done, I am concerned that it's going to now become a regular thing for me, haha. Watch this space!


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below what you've loved throughout February and I will see you again very soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments