Goodbye 2014!


Whether 2014 was the best year yet or the worst year of your life, we're in 2015 now (in case you hadn't noticed xD) which means its time for fresh starts, you're starting a brand new chapter of life, so make this year one to remember.

2014 wasn't a bad year for me. I've experienced plenty of good times, but I've also experienced my fair share of bad ones as well.

This year, I've been to Convent Garden (London), and Brighton. I've seen the most wonderful art work in a Wolverhampton art gallery and been to a few First World War exhibitions.
I've given blood as much as I possibly can. I turned 19 this year.

I also got a proper job this year as well as doing voluntary work with a charity (which I still do).
But where I can say that I've DONE lovely things, I can also say that with every year that passes, I'm a much better and stronger person because of the experiences I've had.

I stuck out an entire year at my new college, despite being (generally) 2 years older than everyone else, I feel the experience has been beneficial, not only for gaining me more A Levels, but it's also made me into a better person, I have the experience behind me, experience that not many 18 year olds when they go to uni will have, and for that I shall be forever grateful.

It is also my pleasure to tell you all that 3 and half years of hard work has paid off as not 2 weeks ago I received an Unconditional University offer, something which is rarely given out to people. I don't want to make you think I'm bragging, but I'm filled to the brim with pride and every time I think about it, it makes me want to cry happy tears! Anyone who is close friends with me will know what I went through, and that the past 3 years have been the unhappiest years of my life, but getting great results in the Summer and getting this offer has made me so very happy and now I can do nothing but smile as I write this. (soppy I know, but I'll stop now xD).

But not all of 2014 has been good. We've had some family issues (which I won't talk about) that have had a profound effect on all of us in my family. So it's not all been happy, as it is with everyone, no one will have the perfect year filled with great things they did or wonderful things they experienced, because with every 10 awesome things that happened, there might be one horrible or heart breaking thing that happens that we can't do anything about, but time heals the deepest of wounds, so with every year, we forget the bad things that occurred the previous year, because there were so many happy things that happened that we remember, making all the bad things inferior in our memories!
Ok we can all take off our snorkels, that's as deep as we're going to get, anyway I guess what I'm trying to say is, just make 2015 as wonderful as possible, and if bad things do happen, just remember all the good things, I'm sure you'll have more happy memories than horrid ones.

Have a very happy and healthy 2015 my friends, you deserve it :)  
 ______________________________________________
WHERE TO FIND ME
DISCLAIMER
I have not been paid or sponsored to write this specific blog post. All views and opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any companies that may be mentioned in this blog post. All photographic content is my own. No Copyright infringement intended. 


Comments

  1. Sounds like you had an eventful year. What charity do you work for, if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Children's Society! It's a UK based charity working to help children who have been abused or neglected or who have run away from home.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts