Family Lunch at the Beefeater | Review


So today, my family and I went our for lunch at a Beefeater restaurant, so for this Sunday's post, I thought I would do a mini review of the place for you! 

I'm not sure if Beefeater restaurants are exclusive to Britain or not, and I'm not sure if the menu is the same for all of their chains, but I will review both the state of the restaurant itself, the staff, service and of course, the food. So, lets begin :)

THE RESTAURANT ITSELF

I didn't take any photos of the interior as I didn't really think it was necessary, however the place was clean and tidy as it should be, and it was rather quiet, that's probably down to the lack of sign posting from the main road. It is located next to a Premier Inn and the sign posts only specified directions to the hotel and not to the restaurant, but it wasn't too much of a big deal to be honest.

We were seated pretty quickly with almost little to no wait. The table we had was towards the back so it was very quiet and we had a view of the houseboats on the canal. The table was all ready for us. It had been cleaned and prepped already so we weren't waiting for plates to be cleared away which is a bonus.

However, there were a few stains on the carpet and there was also a small puddle of water on the hard wood floor and there wasn't a sign which is incredibly dangerous, especially seeing as we had brought my 96 year old nana along with us! We notified our waitress and she cleaned it up straight away.

There was loads of space and the floor was flat throughout the interior which was great for my nana. The toilets were also easy to access and kept spick and span!

THE STAFF

The staff were well presented, and very friendly and helpful. They couldn't do enough for us. We also liked the will power of our waitress, who was recovering from a terrible sore throat! Good on her for coming into work on a Sunday!

THE FOOD

The food was very tasty. For a starter, I had 'Flat Cap Breaded Mushrooms' which came with barbecue sauce and a herbal sauce. I'm not a massive fan of BBQ sauce, so I mainly indulged in the herbal sauce instead. The food came out very quickly, as did the drinks. They had unlimited refills so the waitress always made sure we had drink which we appreciated.

 For my main course, I had (what I thought was) a 'Chicken Breast, Bacon and Avocado Salad' as advertised on the menu. But when the dish came out and was placed in front of me, I could tell there wasn't any avocado in it, so I asked, and the manager came out shortly after and informed me that they actually didn't have any avocado. 

My first thought was, 'why didn't you tell me that to start with?', fair enough, the waitress didn't now, but they should all be made aware of what is and isn't in stock. The same thing happened again when I ordered dessert, I wanted a 'Sticky Toffee Pudding' with custard, and not long after ordering, the waitress comes back and says they don't have any and asked if I wanted anything else. I decided not to have anything, but she said I could have one for free, so I chose a 'Cookie Dough Sundae' instead, which, by the time it had arrived, and while I was getting my camera out to take a photo, my brother and sister and already destroyed the top of it, so I didn't take a photo. I had a small bit, but it was too sickly sweet for me!

Anyway, back onto the main course...it was delicious, the chicken and bacon had been cooked to perfection and there wasn't any fat on it whatsoever. The salad dressing they put on it was herbal and complemented the meat perfectly, there was also a nice distribution of salad including cherry tomatoes, green leaves, cucumber, red cabbage, red onion and lettuce. They got the balance just right, but I would have liked the avocado, that was the main reason why I chose that dish in the first place! Avocados are my favourite thing EVER! xD


THE SERVICE

All the food and our drinks came in very good time, and all the food was still hot when it arrived. There weren't any mistakes made by the waitress, or the chefs so all in all we were pretty impressed. Although my brother and my dad had steaks and neither of them were presented with the appropriate knife for eating such a dish, they were given normal dinner knives which wasn't at all adequate for cutting steak. Thats the only thing that didn't impress me AT ALL. That and they didn't correctly inform their own staff about what was and wasn't available on the menu. 

TO CONCLUDE

This restaurant is a lovely family restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere and fully functional air conditioning. We were greeted with a smile and the wait for the food and drink was pretty average, coming in after only 10-15 minutes after ordering. The staff were well presented and friendly and the food was delicious. My only issue was the staff not knowing what they did or didn't have in stock, that and adequate knives weren't provided with the steaks. However, I probably would go again and I do recommend it. 

I hope you found this useful! If you visit a Beefeater near you, let me know what you thought! I will see you on Wednesday with a brand new post for you :)
 ______________________________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'My Summer To - Do List'

DISCLAIMER
I have not been paid or sponsored to write this specific blog post. All views and opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any companies that may be mentioned in this blog post. All photographic content is my own. No Copyright infringement intended.

Comments