New Bits & Pieces | A Coat Of Fluff & a Whole Lotta 'Love'


I've not done a haul for quite some time, having not really been feeling very inspired by the world of fashion recently. But it eventually got to the point where I needed some new bits and bobs, so I paid a visit to New Look and Primark. Both of which carry the latest fashion trends at very affordable prices. I will see if I can leave links to a few items, just in case you were interested in checking any out for yourself. I didn't put everything I'd bought in this post, so let me know if you'd like a part two? Enjoy!

New Look Haulage

I've not been into New Look for a long time. I love their products, but like with anywhere, it can be a bit hit and miss, especially with sizing, but I still managed to find some pretty lovely items and for very affordable prices. 

'You Do You' Grey T-Shirt



I find myself saying this quite a lot to people. It's a very positive phrase I think. Just be yourself and do what you want, don't pay attention to other people's negativity, it's your life, so live it how you want to, I think that's an important message. So why not have it on a T-Shirt? 

The thing that drew me to this top was the colour, the grey isn't too dark or too light, but it still perfectly contrasts the black detailing that's incorporated. The text isn't actually printed on, it feels almost like velvet and it's quite satisfying to touch! This would go wonderfully tucked into black jeans with a bright coat and matching lips. It would certainly make for the ultimate casual weekend outfit. 

Chelsea Boots



I have been on the hunt for some 'leather look' Chelsea boots for quite a while. I didn't want to spend stupid amounts on some either, so I felt like I'd come up on top when I spotted these and saw that they were in the sale! Aw those magic words. They were already a brilliant price before it was slashed, coming in at roughly £30! I snapped these up for just under £20 and boy was I chuffed. I can't wait to take these out for a proper spin.

Teddy Patch Pocket Bomber Jacket




I'll be honest with you here, these Teddy coats have never appealed to me in the past. I always thought I'd look MASSIVE in it and I was no where near cool enough to pull one off. But last week, I was walking through town and I suddenly noticed that loads and loads of people were wearing them. I don't now why I hadn't noticed it before, but I suddenly loved the trend and made my way straight to New Look to buy one for myself.

I was a bit apprehensive about how it was going to look on me. I just really wanted to like it on, they look so cosy, warm and trendy, so I was reluctant to leave the shop without one. It was quite a risky purchase. Love/hate in a way, a bit like Marmite. But I thought 'sod it', I like it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, so lets go for it.

It was also a pretty good price for a New Look coat, coming in at £29.99 which I thought was barginous! I had a budget of £50, so it was great to find one I liked, in a flattering cut, in the right colour and in my size. These come up quite big, I got mine in a medium and I'm usually a size 12 on top, so the sizing is generous if that's something you're concerned about, or if you'd like to order one online :)

Primark Loot

I hadn't been to Primark for so long, that I early forgot it existed. How did that happen? I can't really tell you, but I was pleasantly surprised by how nice everything was in there. Primark can be very hit and miss, I'll either love something or really hate it, but my recent trip proved me wrong when it came to my usual expectations of Primark fashion. Having said that, I had to be fairly well restrained, because if I bought everything I loved, my bank account wouldn't be looking too healthy. So I'm quite impressed with myself, haha!

Gold Rings

£3




I'm an absolute sucker for Primark jewellery, rings, earrings, necklaces, you name it, I'd buy it, but there wasn't really a whole lot that took my fancy that day, apart from these rings. I'm more of a silver person generally, but I do enjoy incorporating some gold into my everyday outfits, at a fraction of the cost of the real thing. You get a hefty number of rings in this pack and all for £3! I thought they'd look great in the Summer, although I'm sure I'll sport them before the warmer months arrive. 

'Love' Blue and Red Tailored Shirt

£12 - See it Styled



I spotted this, no word of a lie, from across the shop and that was without my glasses on (for those who aren't aware, I am as blind as a bat when it comes to long distance), so that in itself is saying something! I loved (hehe) how bright and bold it is, red and cobalt blue go so well together, not to mention the pattern. You have to be quite close up to realise exactly what is written all over it and that's what strongly appealed to me, bright and bold, but understated all the same. 
***

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know if you've bought any of these items yourself, or if you will be making that all important fashion purchase in the future, go on, you know you want to ;) See you soon with another post, have a great day, whatever you're doing!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. These bits look really nice! I'm too scared to wear teddy coats as I find coats bulk me out as it is, but I LOVE the grey tee! Although I keep needing to buy some smart casual blouses for work I recently keep buying t-shirts like this, looks like I have another one to look out for haha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment