Birchbox | February


I'm back again with another unboxing post. This has got to be one of my favourite Birchboxes to date! I probably say that every month, but not only do I love the contents, but I love the packaging as well. February can be a weird month, you're just getting over the financial trauma of Christmas, whilst getting used to the cold weather and short days. However, the box injects just the right amount of Spring into my life and I am digging it! I was also gifted some cute postcards in order to advertise Not on the High-street, an online retailer of quirky gifts that you won't be able to find anywhere else.

Before I show you exactly what came in the box, feel free to have a gander at other boxes I have received over the past few months.

2019 Boxes


2018 Boxes



Packaging


I've already talked about how much I love the Springtime vibe I get from this box. Just look at it! In partnership with Not on the High-street, I wouldn't have expected anything less than a gorgeous, unique, bold, colourful print. The flowers are a lovely touch, making me feel as though Spring has come early, not a bad feeling for February right? Either way, besides December's Birchbox, this is by far one of my favourite prints they've used to date!

Contents


LOC, Liquid Shimmer Shadow, 'Moonlight', (RRP £8) - FULL SIZE PRODUCT


I have never really been a fan of using liquid eyeshadows. So I wasn't really psyched about this, I must say. But as soon as I swatched it, my opinion on it changed. Its an absolutely gorgeous shade, it goes on smoothly, dries relatively quick and didn't crease on the skin. As first impressions go, this wasn't a bad one! The only thing I would say is, it's very shimmery, so you'd need to wait for the right occasion to sport this on your lids. Either way, you won't be disappointed, especially if, like me, you're not a fan of other liquid or cream eyeshadows.

"This liquid shimmer eyeshadow provides a subtle hint of colour and shine that can be layered for a bolder look. The water-based formula feels lightweight and comfortable on your lids while providing long-lasting wear. Just swipe it onto your eyelids and blend in. It sets after 30 seconds so there's no risk of creasing!"

Anatomicals, Shower Gel (RRP £4) - FULL SIZE PRODUCT


This seemed like rather an interesting concept, I know that shower gels 'cleanse' already, but this seems to be its main claim. I'm starting to wonder what it is that sets this apart from other shower gels I've used in the past. I'll get back to you on that one.

"Every so often we all need a little pick me up, right? Next time you do, ease into your morning with this invigorating body wash. Its subtle floral fragrance will wake up your senses, leaving you ready to face the day. Simply massage over damp skin, working into a lather, then rinse to leave skin clean and fresh."

Coco & Eve, Like A Virgin Super Nourishing Coconut & Fig Hair Masque (RRP £9) - FULL SIZE PRODUCT


I'll admit, I'm the best when it comes to looking after my hair. It's not bad, don't get me wrong, but I could make more of an effort. This could be the thing to get me more into haircare in general, resulting in some (hopefully) more luscious locks.

"This hair mask repairs damage, improves texture and shine, deeply hydrates, fights frizz  and seals split ends. (Phew!) Its decadent formula also detangles the most knotted strands for instant smoothness. After shampooing, apply the mask evenly to wet hair. Leave for 5-10 minutes while it sinks in, then rinse out. Hello luscious locks!"

Luxie, 205 Tapered Blending Dreamcatcher (RRP £11) - FULL SIZE PRODUCT


Believe it or not, I was quite chuffed to receive this in my box this month. I love the colour combination and the quality seems to be fantastic. It picks up just the right amount of product, it's soft and fluffy and perfect for easy blending. All in all, I don't have a bad word to say about the product itself or its performance.

"This fluffy blending brush is the ideal companion to powder and cream eyeshadows alike. Use it across the lid, in the crease, or at the corners to perfect your eye look. Its soft synthetic bristles (vegan, cruelty-free, and hypoallergic!) give a flawless finish with minimal effort. A must have in any make-up kit."

NABLA Cosmetics, Diva Crime Lipstick (RRP £11.90) - FULL SIZE PRODUCT


I don't actually know which shade this is, and it wasn't disclosed on the card I received with my Birchbox (helpful right?) anyway, despite that, it's a gorgeous shade. The colour is both natural and bold, something which is hard to find in a lipstick shade. It looks to be quite versatile and I can't wait to take it out for it's first run.

"This lightweight lipstick delivers a full coverage, matte finish that lasts. Free from silicone and paraben nasties, it's enriched with Japanese Camellia oil to instantly condition and nourish lips (without compromising longevity!). Slick across your lips straight from the bullet - its rich formula glides on with ease!"

Clear Makeup Bag (Free Gift)



I got this bag as a free gift for having ordered six Birchbox packages in a row. I think it'll be quite handy for when I go swimming, or even for trips on an aeroplane where a clear bag is needed for liquids. It's the perfect size and shape, with a good quality zip! As free gifts go, this one isn't bad.

***

I hope you enjoyed this post, it won't be long now before I'm publishing another one of these for March! This year is going incredibly fast! Anyway, I will see you Sunday with a brand new post. Have a great day!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts