Birchbox | October


Another month, another Birchbox! I thought I'd share this one with you further into the month, just to wrap up the October batch of posts! I may not do one of these every single month, it will depend on how much I like the products I have been given. You may remember, I published a post where I talked you through September's Birchbox. As you can see, I carried on the subscription out of curiosity mainly. So lets get into it!

Packaging

I much preferred this packaging to last month's packaging. It's a lot more pretty, floral really is right up my street as a Cath Kidston lover! I also love the gold writing on the front, something which was lacking last time. It's also been made more interesting with the use of white and blue, horizontal stripes. If anything, it has more of a summery feel to it, rather than Autumnal. However, I hear that Birchbox is somewhat famous for it's unique box designs. Overall, I was left very impressed by the aesthetics of this one!

Contents


I was left rather impressed by the products in this month's box. As well as the main contents of the box, just like last month, you're given a card which holds information about each of the products that had been sent to, along with the RRP of a full sized version of the same product. I'll talk you through my thoughts of each one, including a description given to me by Birchbox and the RRP of the product when bought at full size. I hope you find this useful!

Hugo Boss - BOSS 'Intense' for Her (Eau de Parfum) - RRP £73


When I had a sniff of this perfume, I actually really liked it. It's not really like any other scent I have in my collection. It smells fresh, but also with a hint of vanilla scent to it. I'm not very good at describing perfume (as you can probably tell), so we'll let Birchbox do the talking!

"We've long loved the comforting, familiar aroma of vanilla and now the classic scent just got a little more grown-up. Yummy notes of sweet vanilla and roasted cocoa make this fragrance almost good enough to eat, and hints of fresh freesia, oriental Osmanthus flower and honeyed peach balance to make it an everyday scent."

Amika 'Soulfood' Nourishing Mask - RRP £20


Sorry for the blurry quality of the above photograph, I didn't quite realise until I had come to write this post! I hope you don't mind? This seemed interesting, I was given a hair mask last month, so this would be another one to try and also to review once I've used it a few times! At first, I thought this was a face mask, until I read the directions on the back of the tube. I have high hopes for this and I will keep you all posted!

"Fight split ends and dryness and improve overall hair health with this pampering, all-natural mask. Omega-rich sea buckthorn berry works to intensely hydrate strands, repair damage, and seal frayed ends. After shampooing, just slather it generously onto the mid-lengths and ends of your hair and leave for 5-10 minutes - then rinse away."

Daily Concepts 'Multi-Functional' Charcoal Soap-Sponge - RRP £6




This is actually a full sized product surprisingly. I know this because Birchbox have a colour coded system on the card they provide you with, if there's a little blue spot next to it, it means it's full size and this is one of them. I'm not too sure I completely understand the concept of this product. I think I'll just have to take the plunge and give it a go! It sounds interesting enough, I just need to be brave enough to try it out, I'll update you all with how I get on when I finally get around to it.

"This 2-in-1 soap sponge combines a detoxifying charcoal cleanser with a gentle, exfoliating sponge so you can skip a step in your skincare routine. Wet the sponge, squeeze it to create a foam, then lather up - the charcoal will gently purify and balance all skin types. After rinsing clean, bask in a squeaky-clean feeling!"

Lord & Berry 'Magic Brow' (Brunette) - RRP £15




I've never normally been one to do my eyebrows. I'm quite happy with them as they are naturally. I only really fill them in when I'm making more of an effort to go out for example and even then, I'll fill them in using a powder, it never occurred to be to buy and eyebrow pencil. Having had one of these in my box, I'm feeling more inclined to give the pencil a go. I'm a little more apprehensive about using a pencil as I don't want it to look too harsh, so if you have any tips for me, then please leave a comment!

"If eyes are the windows to the soul then your eyebrows are the frames. So, if they're sparse, or a little misshapen, then this quick-fix product is the solution. Brush your brows upwards with a spoolie then fill in thin patches and define using short strokes. The marbleised pencil combines a mix of three colours for a natural, suits all finish."

BeautyPro 'THERMOTHERAPY' Warming Gold Foil Mask - RRP £5.95




I'm excited to give this a try, as I've never actually tested a foil face mask before, I know, where have I been? But now is my chance, it's also interesting to see that it has hyaluronic acid in it as well as having anti-aging properties. It's one product I'm really looking forward to testing out! Not only that, but this is also a full sized product.

"This hi-tech sheet mask is infused with hydrating hyaluronic acid and regenerating Q10. Its self-warming foil helps ingredients to deeply penetrate the skin to improve elasticity, reduce fine lines, and boost glow. Apply it to clean skin, leave for 155-20 minutes, then remove and massage in any excess."

Winky Lux 'Strobing' Balm (Radiant Pink) - RRP £15


You can probably tell by the name, but this is actually a cream highlighter. Not only does it look absolutely beautiful, it's also cruelty-free which is a massive bonus when it comes to beauty products in general. I did try and swatch it, but the gleam wasn't showing up in the dissipating natural light. I'm really looking forward to incorporating this into my everyday makeup routine!

"This cruelty-free highlighter glides onto skin with ease thanks to it's creamy texture, for a beautiful glow and reflective sheen wherever you apply it. Use your sponge or your fingers and blend onto skin wherever you want to add radiance - try on your cheek bones, down the bridge of your nose and on your cupids bow."

***

I hope you enjoyed this post, sorry the photo quality wasn't as good as usual, but that was simply due to dimming light on an already dull day. Stay tuned for next time, where the photo quality will be so much better, haha!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME



PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. This post is truly a fastidious one it helps new internet people, who are wishing for blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment