Beauty Scrutiny | First Impressioms of New Products


I thought this would be a fun post to write. I have never trialled any of the beauty products included in this post before, so I thought I'd give each one a mini review! I hope you find this somewhat useful and I will include links to the products if I can find one, enjoy.

GARNIER 'Skin Active' - Pure Active Intensive Daily Exfoliating Scrub


I am always on the look out for a good face scrub, this one was on offer and I had heard good things about it on the internet, so I decided to give it a go. The consistency is pleasant, it's not like a gel, which is how some scrubs can feel, it's not too creamy or too gritty, its just right really. It smells nice and not at all unpleasant. It takes more than a pea sized amount to spread across the face though, which is a bit of a downside to the product as you're using a bit more than you should have to when compared with other facial scrubs I have used. But it does the job! However, it wouldn't be a scrub I'd go out of my way to buy.

N.4. High Performance Hair Care - Smoothing Balm



To be honest, I was a bit apprehensive about using this. I always worry that products like this will leave my hair feeling greasy, but it actually made my hair feel soft and pretty smooth. This was an item I got in a September Birchbox, so it's mini rather than the full sized product. I don't use it very often, I almost use it as a sort of mask, so once a week usually does the trick. It feels pretty luxurious for a hair care product, overall I'm impressed with it, so much so I'm considering buying the full sized version! You can read more about how this works in this post. 


What's in it for me..? Shower Scrub 


There's something about a good shower scrub which I love. The idea of it scrubbing away all the dead skin and dirt your body has compiled throughout the day makes it feel all the more cleansing. This one is a cute mini, much like the previous product, and again, I got this in a Birchbox. It's also a Birchbox exclusive and can only be bought on their website. 

It's quite a good, all-over body scrub. It smells great, the consistency is pleasant, its gritty enough that it feels as though its doing something and it doesn't contain plastic microbeads which is a huge bonus! Very impressed with this one. If you'd like to learn more about how it, then have a read of my post where I take you through the contents of last month's Birchbox.


Benefit 'Box O' Powder' (Galifornia)


This was a product that I was really excited to start using. Benefit blush never lets the beauty side down, this one being no exception. The colour is amazing, well pigmented, it smells delicious, the texture is smooth, its durable and easy to blend. It ticks all the boxes of a good quality powder blusher. I'm tempted to invest in the full size product!


Winky Lux 'Strobing Balm' (Radiant Pink)


I have never used a cream highlighter before. This seemed interesting to me, especially because I'm so used to using powders. This one is surprisingly durable, to say it's a cream product. I don't usually like cream cosmetics because I find they either don't blend well or they don't wear very well. But this one made a nice change. I just use my ring finger and swipe some across my cheek bones, the inner corners of my eyes and just under my brow bone to create a healthy sheen. It also lasts for a long time one the skin, I'm not sure how easy a full sized version of this would be to get hold of, but I'll definitely look into it. I recommend this to any highlighter fan!


***

I hope you enjoyed this post and you found it somewhat useful? I'll see you really soon :)


***

WHERE TO FIND ME



PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. I love it when individuals get together and share views.
    Great website, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts