My Favourite Autumnal Makeup Look


I love Autumn and everything which comes with it. I enjoy the colours, the fashion, the weather and also the beauty side of things as well. I often find the transitional seasons can make my skin a bit more difficult to work with, so I feel better knowing I can have a bit more fun and feel more comfortable when sporting a slightly darker makeup look. So lets take you through the makeup I always use through Fall!

Collection 'Lasting Perfection' Concealer - 'Fair' & Rimmel 'Kate Moss' Lipstick - 'No. 30'


I've raved about the concealer before in numerous posts, my most recent makeup related post , before this one, so I won't bore you with the reasons why I love this concealer. Besides, the whole blogging community has been singing it's praises since it launched.

The lipstick however is one of my favourites. It could be considered a little too dark for some people, however it doesn't appear as dark on the lips as it looks in the tube. It's a lovely deep berry colour, the pigmentation is great, its durable, doesn't smudge, it's moisturising and its super cheap. It's definitely a lipstick worth having in your makeup collection.


Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' Foundation - 100 Ivory


If you've been following me for a while, you'll know that this foundation has been a long term favourite of mine. Once I find something I like, I rarely deviate from it. Why waste more money of trying products that may not work for me? So I either stick to what I know, or go on recommendations from other bloggers. So this is my recommendation for you guys, if you've not tried this foundation before.

I did a foundation review/comparison between the 'Wake Me Up' and it's sister product, also by Rimmel, 'Match Perfection'. It faired quite well if you prefer a more dewy complexion. Not only that, but it also made it onto my 'Best Beauty Products of 2013' list during that New Year. As well as these two posts, I even published a full product review which you can read as well. 

Anyway, I think this foundation is perfect for the Autumnal seasons, especially seeing as the sun is often still sparkling through the trees and this foundation looks amazing in the day light hours. Ir provides a healthy, dewy glow. If that's not your thing, then perhaps stick to 'Match Perfection' or you can dull it down with the help of some face powder.


Sleek Blusher Palette - 'Lace 367'


During the Autumn months, I really only stick to one colour in the palette and that's the first pan, 'Crochet'. It looks a little orangey here, but it's perfect to make it look as though you've just come in from the cold. A light swipe of the colour on the cheeks always adds to a look, often joining everything together and making you look less like a pale ghost, instead adding some dimension to the face.

You only need a little bit from this palette as all three blushers are highly pigmented, a light dusting with a brush is all you need to create the perfect hint of colour. It's also very long lasting, and looks gorgeous on particularly fair skin.

Sleek Face Contour Kit - 'Light'


I love the Sleek cheek makeup products, this contour kit being no exception. Although I haven't yet used the highlighter that comes with this kit just yet, as I'm currently loving a different one at the moment, I have been loving the bronzer. It's the perfect shade for contouring, it's pigmented, not too orange, not too muddy, lasts a long time, easy to blend, it's basically a dream to work with.


Revolution 'Vivid' Baked Highlighter - 'Peach Lights'


I've mentioned this product numerous times before on my blog. If you're a regular reader of my blog, then you're probably sick of hearing about it, but it really is amazing. Every time I wear it, I always get a compliment about it and they'll ask which highlighter it is I'm wearing. At just £3, it's a steal in the drugstore beauty world! You can read more about this product in this post.


Fashionista 'Style Icons' Brow Kit


I haven't really been bothered about filling in my eye brows, I never saw it as a necessary step in my makeup routine, therefore I just didn't do it. But when I bought this kit, I gave it a go, just out of curiosity of what it might look like and when I had finished, I really liked how it looked. So ever since then, I've started filling in my brows. Not every time mind, if I just need to nip to the shops or run an errand I won't bother, but any other time, I'll do it. I really like this powder as well, its a pretty good match to the colour of my actual eyebrows. The one I use is on the bottom left of the photo above!


Urban Decay 'Naked Heat' Eye Shadow Palette


During the Autumn (or 'fall' if you're across the pond!), I put 'Dirty Talk' all over the lid and blend the matte shade 'He Devil' into the crease. It's autumnal, shimmery and beautiful. The colours blend together so wonderfully and the pigmentation is perfect! I highly recommend this palette to anyone who's been on the fence about buying it, you won't regret it.

If you're interested in seeing the palette before I used it, then you can read this post. I bought it not long after it launched and it was one of the best beauty purchases I've ever made!

LancĂ´me 'Hypnose' Volume-a-Porter - 'Black'



If you've been following me for a while, you may recognise this from a few posts a few years ago when I first started raving about it. Since then, I've fallen back in love with it. LancĂ´me make beautiful mascaras. They're very good quality, come in loads of different varieties, colours and prices. They're well worth the £20+ price tag let me tell you! If you're interested in the mini review I gave it, together with two other LancĂ´me mascaras, then you can have a read of that post here.

Anyway, this mascara is very good, the durability is amazing, it colours the lashes black within two coats and it makes your lashes look long but natural. This is one of the most natural looking mascaras from the LancĂ´me range. So if that's something you prefer over the more 'clumpy' mascaras such as LancĂ´me's 'Drama' mascara (which you can read about here) or Maybelline's 'Lash Sensational' mascara (which I wrote a review about too), then this mascara would be one to try!


***

I hope you enjoyed this post! I will see you next time with a brand new blog post!


***


WHERE TO FIND ME



PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. I will right away take hold of your rss feed as I can not find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service.
    Do you have any? Kindly allow me recognise so that I
    may subscribe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saved as a favorite, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant article.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts