4 Superfoods That Will Enhance Your Morning Coffee


Like most of the world, I can't function properly without a nice hot cup of joe in the morning. My all-encompassing love affair with this delicious beverage basically means I'm not picky about how I take it. I'll drink it black, milky, iced, I'm even a sucker for a seasonal latte, so I'm really not fussy. But coffee itself isn't too bad for you, it's the syrups and sweeteners that are added to it that can make it somewhat unhealthy. By swapping those things for some of the following ingredients, you can still have a tasty coffee without the added (bad) sugar.

1. Coconut Oil

Coconut oil can be used for pretty much everything, hair masks, makeup remover, body butter, you name it, you can use it. Adding coconut oil to a plain coffee is both healthy and delicious! Containing MCTs, which has been proven to aid in weight loss by suppressing the appetite, coconut oil isn't the worst thing that can be added to your morning beverage. 

2. Cacao Powder

Filled with antioxidants, iron, calcium and magnesium, this superfood has the ability to reduce high blood pressure, improve mood, maximise brain function and aiding in weight control, as well as reducing your risk of heart attack. While it has many health benefits, it also tastes delicious, especially if you're somewhat of a chocolate lover.

3. Turmeric

Turmeric has created a whirlwind of Gold Lattes online, especially Instagram. It's a bright yellow spice, which tastes somewhere in between ginger and cinnamon. Apparently, it contains antiviral, anti-inflammatory properties, as well as being filled with antioxidants. It's also been proven to give you a healthy, natural glow. Add it to some milk and heat as normal, then pour it into your coffee. 

4. Cinnamon

A dash of cinnamon will increase your antioxidants and lower your risk of heart-related illnesses. It's such a quick and simple way to add some sweet taste to your daily coffee, giving you a little extra boost in the morning.

***

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know what you like to add to your coffee, if anything. Do you have a sweet tooth or would you rather take your coffee how it comes? Let me know! I'll see you again soon with another post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. Coconut is the best and it's my favorite butter replacement. I would like to try something new in my coffee and these seems so simple to add for as amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts