Birchbox | June


I know, I'm a little late reporting on this one, but June ran away with me a bit, and so I ended up publishing rather a few posts all in one go to make up for my lack of content. But hopefully, it's all evened up now :) Anyway, this is more of a bonus post this month, as I have a number planned for the beginning of July. But I know a fair few of you enjoy reading about what I get in my Birchbox each month. July's box is currently in the post, but I won't be sharing that with you until the end of the month, aren't I a tease? Anyway, we'll get into this one as I'm excited to take you through it! Enjoy :)

2019 Boxes


2018 Boxes


Packaging

I quite liked the packaging of this month's box. It reminds me of a scrap book or a notice board adorned with holiday photos and old train tickets, perfect for the time of year when everyone is off enjoying the sunshine and travelling the world. It's fresh and summery, making me think of nothing but adventure and making great memories! Although it isn't the best packaging I've ever seen from Birchbox, it's still impressively mood-lifting, so it gets a solid 10/10 from me.

Contents

It can be a bit hit and miss with Birchbox products. This one wasn't too bad, although there is one thing in there that I wouldn't really use. But I can imagine that if I had blonde hair then I'd use everything in this box. Aside from that, I'd definitely make use of everything in here, especially the Wander product, which you might just be able to spy in the photo below! Right, lets get into shall we?


Laritzy Lip Stix, Plum (RRP £20) - FULL SIZE PRODUCT

I was pretty chuffed with this one. Although it isn't really a shade that I would personally wear around this time of year, it'll be perfect for the autumn/winter time. I didn't swatch this one, although I probably should have done, but it looks to be quite creamy, so I'm expecting good things from it in that sense. One thing I can't stand is a drying lipstick, so hopefully it effortlessly glides on, as opposed to feeling chalky.

"This clever pencil gives you an easy way to achieve perfectly defined lips. The secret? It's a lip liner and lipstick in one - use the tip to line, then fill with buildable colour. Taking out the heavy feel of traditional lipsticks, the creamy formula is lightweight and hydrating, with a gorgeous satin finish"


DID YOU KNOW...

"Laritzy products are all cruelty-free, vegan-friendly and free of parabens, BHT, BHA and phthalates"


Benefit, Gimme Brow, shade 2 (RRP £21.50)

I usually use a powder to fill in my brows, so I was excited to see this in my box. It'll give me a chance to compare different methods of eyebrow filling, which means that there could be a better method than using a tiny precision brush and a brown powder which I feel like I can't touch at any point throughout the day. I've heard good things about this, so I'm optimistic that I won't be left disappointed.

"Just a few strokes of this magical brush gives you fuller brows that stay in place all day but still look natural, thanks to the water-resistant microfibres that adhere to skin and hair creating fullness and definition. Beginning at the start of your brow and moving outward, use small upward strokes to define and shape. The tiny, tapered brush makes mess-proof application easy."



DID YOU KNOW...



"'Gimme Brow' is the number one selling Prestige Eye Brow Product in the UK"



Rituals, The Ritual of Karma Body Cream (RRP £18.50)

Now, I'm definitely more of a body butter gal, a light cream doesn't really do it for me. I much prefer a nice thick product to apply to my skin, especially to my legs. This might be better, however, for the summer months as it's lighter and seems to dry pretty quickly, which is perfect because there's nothing worse than sitting in sweltering heat, waiting for your whole body to become less sticky...I could be sat there till Christmas! This seems like a good alternative, one I'll be happy to try, moving forward :)

"This body cream is the ultimate multitasker - rejuvenating both body and mind. Combining the irresistible aroma of lotus flower with pampering organic white tea, the nourishing formula sinks in quickly to hydrate skin and calm the senses. Massage into clean skin daily for super-soft limbs."

DID YOU KNOW...

"According to Hindu belief, good intent attracts good karma. So, think good thoughts, do good deeds, and keep it positive!"


Wander Beauty, Baggage Claim, Gold Eye Masks (RRP £20)

I'm SO excited to try these out! I've been looking for a set of good eye masks for a while, so this has certainly answered my beauty prayers. I'm hoping they'll be able to soothe sore eyes, ensuring they're fresh and bright once again. Fingers crossed they can revert me back to look like I did when I was getting a solid 8 hours sleep a night, haha!

"Send your (undereye) bags packing with these hydrating, de-puffing and brightening eye masks. Their three layers prevent the evaporation of ingredients, keep the masks firmly on, and deliver key oils - making this triad all you need after a late night. Place under your eyes and relax for 10 minutes before removing."

DID YOU KNOW...

"'Wander Beauty' products are inspired by tips and tricks supermodel/Creative Director, Lindsay Ellingson, who picked them up from makeup artists around the world."


Amika, Bust Your Brass, Cool Blonde Shampoo (RRP £18)

Right. For me to use this product, I'll have to go blonde...it's the only solution...haha, I do jest ;) I'll donate it to a blonde friend instead. Although, I can't imagine it would do me any harm as a natural brunette, but then again, I don't really want to risk it, would you?

"Wave goodbye to brassy hues and keep your blonde strands light and bright with this ultra-violet shampoo. Sea buckthorn berry, wild cherry bark extract and avocado oil help to stop brassiness in its tracks as well as inject moisture, elasticity and shine into your locks. Massage into damp hair before rinsing and following with conditioner."

DID YOU KNOW...

"You won't find Amika anywhere else in the UK, this blogger-favourite brand is exclusive to Birchbox."


***

I hope you enjoyed this post. If you're a Birchbox subscriber, let me know what you thought to this month's box. I will see you next time with a brand new blog post. Have a good weekend guys and gals!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME


PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts