Birchbox | April


I'm back with another Birchbox post for you. How has another month gone past already? You can see what I received in previous months below, if you're at all interested. But for now, lets talk about this one!

2019 Boxes


2018 Boxes

Packaging


I quite liked the packaging this month. It was colourful and a little different to the boxes I've previously received. Instead of having a lid, it's like a magnetised clasp on the front which wraps around the front. The lid is attached to the bottom compartment instead of being able to slide the lid complete off in an upward motion. It even contains a mirror, which isn't a very good quality one, I don't really understand why they thought it was a good idea, but hey ho, I'm not on their marketing team! 

Contents


I was slightly disappointed with this month's Birchbox. There are only one or two things I'd use and the texture and colour of the 'Dew Me Baked' highlight powder scares me a little bit, to be honest. It's also missing an Aveda 'Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment', which is unacceptable in my opinion, especially for a popular beauty box brand. I've never really felt disappointed by a Birchbox before, but this is a mini review and my intention is to be completely honest about it. So before I ramble on anymore, lets show you the contents.

Vitamasques, Diamond Eye Pads, (RRP £5.99) - FULL SIZE PRODUCT 



I've wanted to try out some little eye pads for a while, no one wants dark circles do they? Any way to make my eyes feel less tired, dry and a little sore (subsequently) on occasion, then I'll always be interested. I've not tried these yet, but I have high hopes having read some online reviews. 

Estate Cosmetics, 'Dew Me Baked' Highlight Powder, Lit, (RRP $10) - FULL SIZED PRODUCT


I'm not sure about this one, it's a very strange texture and I'm pretty sure it's not the colour I chose when I was asked to. It looks anything but dewy and I'm not sure I want to really risk putting it on my face. But there we go! I may give it a go at some point, but for now, I'm completely uninterested.

Benefit, The POREfessional, (RRP £28)


I've always been a little bit intrigued to give this a try at some point, but I couldn't justify spending nearly £30 on something I may not like and therefore won't use. So this is the perfect opportunity for me to give it a try and see what al the fuss is about in the beauty world. You never know, it may one day appear in a monthly favourites post. 

Human + Kind, Body Soufflé, (RRP £14.28 - converted from Euros)


This is a vegan skincare brand apparently. I had trouble finding it online to try and find the RRP price, they seem to have a fair few body skincare products on their website, which I was quite impressed by. but anyway, this doesn't seem too bad, the best of a bad bunch unfortunately this month. It's a good travel size on the plus side and I'm sure I'll get some use out of this body cream.

***

I hope you enjoyed this post more than I did the Birchbox this month. Hopefully next month will be a little better, otherwise I'll have to make the decision to cancel the subscription. We'll see though, I'm willing to give them one more chance! In the meantime, I'll be back really soon with another post for you!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts