Mum's Birthday Lunch at Lambley Village Kitchen & a Rockin' Cake


Good Friday this year marked the celebration of my mum's 60th birthday. I'm not sure that she'd want me to tell the world this little piece of info, but hey ho, it's a big birthday and it deserves to be documented I think! 

We took the whole family and a few friends for some lunch in Lambley, Nottinghamshire at the Lambley Village Kitchen, a small pub set in beautiful countryside surroundings. The doors and windows were open on this hot day, light pouring in from every angle, a subtle breeze floating through, it was the perfect setting for such a special day!

I'm not going to go into too much detail about who was there or what we did, as it's always nice to keep some things private. Instead, I'm going to show you the food we ate and give a mini review on the place :) I hope you enjoy!

The Lambley Village Kitchen

The pub was beautiful, both inside and out. I didn't take many pictures of the pub as it slowly started to get busier and busier, gradually filling with children and their families. But the interior was bright and airy, it was all very clean and traditional, but with a slight contemporary feel and rustic furnishings. I was overall very impressed.

The atmosphere was perfect. Quiet but with a slight hum of busyness about the place. We didn't feel rushed out the door, the food was delicious and the wine was delectable. Collectively, it was simply divine. Even the weather was gorgeous, which was an added bonus!

Food, Food & More Food

Now, those who know me will be aware that I don't have a particularly sweet tooth. So I had a starter and a main instead of a main and a dessert. But don't worry, I took some pictures of other puddings that had been ordered! 

I had a starter of wild mushrooms on a toasted slice of ciabatta bread, with a creamy sauce. It was just the right size and very light, filling a hole before the mains came. In fact, I was the only one in the party to have a starter, and subsequently the only one in the party to not have a pudding!


As a main, I went for pesto chicken with sautéed new potatoes and roasted vegetables with a sprinkling on herbs. It was delicious! The chicken was the perfect texture, moist and virtually fell apart when you cut into it. The vegetables were cooked to perfection, not too soft, not too hard, but just right. The potatoes were cooked through well, with a slightly crispy skin and a creamy centre. It really was delightful!


The rest of my family had salads, curries, pies and fish dishes. My dad, who was sat next to me, had a garden salad topped with juicy chicken breast slices, and soft boiled egg quarters with a vinaigrette dressing which together, looked amazing!


Dessert wise, everyone had something different. My boyfriend, who was the other side of me, had a lemon and lime cheesecake slice with a scoop of ice cream and a quarter strawberry. Elise, a friend of ours, had some chocolate slices which had pieces of Malteser in them!


Overall, the day was lovely. The weather stayed nice for us, it was warm, bright and sunny for the rest of the day. We had a small buffet style dinner in the evening with Asti and a slice of coffee and walnut cake. In fact, I'll leave a picture of my mum's cake, which was absolutely amazing! She loves Queen (the band), and so we had a cake made for her which was entirely Queen themed! Can you make out what it is?


***

I hope you had a really relaxing Good Friday! Have a great Bank Holiday weekend and enjoy your time off. I'll see you Thursday with a brand new post for you!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing good and quality content. Keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts