Lipsticks I Keep Reaching For


I love a good lipstick, any colour, any time of year, any occasion, lips pull the look together. So I thought I'd celebrate this versatile makeup product in a post specifically about the lipsticks I've been reaching for recently. They're all very affordable and in gorgeous, transitional colours, perfect for the office but also for a night on the town. Enjoy!

Rimmel London 'Stay Matte' Liquid Lip Colour

Shade: Pink Blink
Price: £5.99


I've already written a review about all of the Rimmel liquid lipsticks I own. But out of the three in my collection, this one is my favourite. The shade is perfect for every day wear, it's durable and highly pigmented. For a matte lipstick, it's not too drying and it tastes pretty good too! The formulation isn't at all sticky and dries relatively quickly. You'll be able to eat and drink in the comfortable knowledge that your lipstick won't smear, transfer or lose its colour through the consumption process.

NABLA Cosmetics 'Diva Crime' Lipstick

Shade: Beverly
Price: £11.04
I actually received this in my February Birchbox, and I was super impressed by the shade and the quality. For a full sized item, it's probably one of the best products I've received from Birchbox. It's a really versatile colour, the formulation is impressive, relatively creamy, durable and ideal for everyday wear. It's pretty transitional too, taking you from a natural makeup look for the office, to a sophisticated night on the town. I've found myself reaching for this more and more over the past few weeks and I'm genuinely loving it!

LARITZY Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lipstick

Shade: Tidal
Price: £15.34 ($20)


This is a product that I'm obsessed with which came out of December's Birchbox. Although I'm not as impressed with it as the previous lipstick I've mentioned, it's definitely up there in terms of quality, durability, pigmentation and formulation. It's a bit more creamy than Rimmel's liquid lipsticks, but it dries just as fast and doesn't flake either. Where some matte liquid lipsticks can feel drying, this one isn't which is just a bonus really! Perfect for keeping in the handbag and ideal for every occasion, I think it's definitely a product you should invest in!

The Body Shop 'Colour Crush' Lipstick

Shade: Mumbai Gladiolus
Price: £8


This is a fairly recent purchase, but I've been using it a considerable amount in recent weeks and I love it. I've had numerous complements, with people asking me what lipstick I'm wearing and which shade it is. Not only does it look great on the lips, but the formulation is perfect too. It's highly pigmented, tastes pleasant and it's relatively moisturising which is a bonus for lipsticks in my opinion. All in all, it's worth spending a few more pounds on a good quality lipstick.

Rimmel London 'Moisture Renew' Lipstick

Shade: Vintage Pink
Price: £6.49


As the name would suggest, it's very moisturising, something I love about this lipstick. I wear it to work a lot as it's pretty natural, but it's still obvious that I've made the effort to add some colour to my lips and not just decided to apply a generic lip balm. It looks great and is fairly long-wearing. The only downside however with a moisturising lipstick is that it can transfer quite easily, meaning you'd only have to eat a banana and hey presto, most of the lipstick has come off. Aside from that, it's a versatile, everyday shade with a pleasant taste and a pretty impressive formulation as a whole!


***

I hope you enjoyed this post, which lipsticks have you been reaching for this season? Have you got any recommendations for me? Leave them in the comments below, have a great day and I'll be back very soon with another post.

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST


COPYRIGHT INFORAMTION 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts