Printing Memories


I'm a 90's baby, and so I grew up with disposable cameras, floppy disks and listening to cassette tapes. Now, I used to love being let loose with a disposable camera. You'd take shot after shot, but then you'd soon face disappointment when you realised your 20 snaps had been used up, and you may well have just wasted a ream of film. Then, you'd have to wait ages for the photographs to develop before you could go into the shop, pick them up and look through them in the middle of the store. Sound familiar to you? You'll love this post, then!

I'm quite a sentimental person, and so, photographs are pretty important to me. So when I found out about this app that I could send all my electronic photos to, and then pay for them all to be printed, I couldn't believe my luck! So you can probably guess where this is headed?

I had loads of photos on my phone that would have looked great in a photo album, so that one day, I'd be able to show them to my grandchildren, instead of having them all on a CD. There's something nice about flicking through physical photos with your family, it's an experience that just can't be recreated when looking through photos on a phone - so that's why I took on this project.

Before sliding them into their sleeves, I turn the photos over and write some useful bits of information on the back, including:

  • Where the photo was taken
  • The month and year it was taken
  • How old the people in the photos were when the photo was taken
  • The occasion/reason for the picture, if there was one (like a big birthday/anniversary etc)
I'll then write shorter snippets of info in the album itself, next to the picture. This ensures that if photos fall out, we know where they've come from, and it also saves taking the pictures out of their sleeve.


I won't show you all of the pictures I had printed, as some are pretty personal and right now, there's enough there to fill two albums and you'd get pretty bored. But I'll show you a few and you'll eventually get the jist of what I'm trying to achieve, so enjoy!


The app I use is called 'Free Prints', but don't be fooled by the name, because ultimately, the pictures aren't free. You end up paying a small amount for postage and packaging, but it's a lot cheaper than having them printed in a photography shop, or on a special machine (like the ones you might find at Boots, for example).

***

If you're as sentimental as I am and also love to print your own pictures, or still enjoy using a disposable camera every now and again, then this app will be the one for you! You can even download it for free - bonus!

I will see you again soon with another post for you.

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts