5 Ways I'm Preparing for Autumn



With autumn just around the corner, it's important to start getting prepared for it. There's nothing worse than being unprepared, especially when it comes to the changing seasons. Here's how I'm getting prepped for my all time favourite season, and how you can too!

Layers, layers & more layers

Autumn isn't quite cold enough to wear thick woolly coats and a pair of your favourite Ugg boots, but it cab get quite chilly around this time of year, especially in the morning and evenings. With that in mind, layers are your new best friend this season. Take them off when you get too warm, put a few on when you start to feel cold...simple, right?

If you've (rightly so) put all of your winter clothes and extra layers in storage, go and get them out, put them through the wash and start to integrate them once again into your permanent wardrobe! When the temperature starts to drop, you'll be nothing but prepared for the seasons ahead! 

Making use of my reusable coffee cup

I have a reusable bamboo coffee cup that I hardly use. Given all the perks of reusing your own cup, I should really dig mine out and start using it. After all, it does a world of good for the environment, and I'm all for recycling and doing my bit to reduce my carbon footprint. Using my own coffee cup would definitely help to cut back on the amount I throw away, almost without thinking. With the cold weather drawing in, hot drinks will yet again become my best friend, so it's important I take steps to start reusing the cup I already have.

Taking care of my skin

Cold weather can really play havoc with your skin. I tend to swap out certain products for lighter ones in the summer and more heavy-duty ones in the winter. Although the autumn weather isn't as harsh as it can be during the winter, it's still important to transition your skin to go with the seasons, almost easing it into the cold. Let me know if you'd like to see an autumn/winter skincare regime, right here on my blog. I'll be more than happy to take you through how I transition my skin to the cold weather.

Baking delicious goodies

I noticeably do a lot less baking in the summertime. I don't know whether it's because I'd rather be outside in the sunshine or whether a kitchen can get far too hot when cooking, but either way, I haven't done any since Easter. I'm going to make it my mission to bake more, from low-fat brownies to pumpkin spice muffins, prepare to see more food related posts soon :)

***

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know how you'll be preparing for Autumn, and whether you'll be embracing or dreading the start of a new season! I will see you really soon with another post for you!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts