Birchbox | September


This is it, the last EVER Birchbox blog post. After 1 year of boxes, I have decided to terminate my subscription and start a new one up with another beauty box company. In this post, I'll be showing you what I received, and towards the end, I'll be rounding up my thoughts and overall verdict of Birchbox in general, so keep reading for that. Let's get into the last ever Birchbox post shall we? I hope you enjoy!

2019 Boxes


2018 Boxes

Packaging

The packaging isn't the best I've seen from Birchbox over the year I've been subscribed to them. But it's colourful, fun and the pattern is sweet, so overall, it's not bad! Again, I'm glad the mirror concept only lasted for one month, as it made everything a lot harder to recycle. But now we're back to the standard boxes which are far more environmentally-friendly.

Contents

I wasn't too impressed by the products I received in this month's box - one of the reasons why I've decided to cancel my subscription after a year. I feel the quality and thoughtfulness of the products has dropped significantly, and their customer service isn't too great either. Again, this is why I have made the decision to cancel my subscription. But anyway, I don't think I'll use many of these products as I don't really feel like I need any of them - maybe you could persuade me? Haha. Anyway, onto the contents, as I'm sure you're eager to know *wink wink*.


Benefit Cosmetics, Posietint (RRP £15.50)

Out of all of the products I received in my Birchbox this month, I'm most likely to use this one. It's been advertised as an easy-to-blend product with a smudge-proof formula, but we shall see. Basically, this product is designed to be a cheek/lip tint, a product I have always stayed away from. I'm not sure I'd use it on my lips, but I'm happy to try it on my cheeks, then report back to you. Let me know how you get on with yours?

"Boasting Benefit's classic-easy-to-blend, smudge-proof formula, this poppy tint adds a natural flush to your cheeks and lips that stays put all day (seriously!). Swipe onto bare skin with your fingers or buff on top of foundation with a fluffy brush for a beautiful, soft-blurred boost of colour".

TOP TIP!

"Benefit Makeup Artist, Laurretta says 'mix your tint with a liquid highlighter for a dewy, radiant glow'".


ModelCo, Highlighting Shimmer Whip,  Champagne (RRP £10) FULL SIZE PRODUCT

I'm not sure whether I'll give this a try or not. I've never really been a fan of liquid highlighters, so this concept scares me a little. However, I have heard some good things about this product online, so I may make an exception. In fact, I may try both the cheek tint (above) and this product at the same time, and let you know how I get on with them.

"This creamy highlighter subtly reflects light to make you look fresh-faced and radiant. The buildable champagne colour may seem pigmented in its tube but goes on lightly with with an ever-so-slightly shimmery finish. Perfect for cheekbones, brow bones and your cupid's bow (we love a multitasker!)".

DID YOU KNOW...?

"Australian-born ModelCo is known for creating exclusive collections with fashion icons and supermodels".


VQ, Rose Gommage (RRP £15)

I won't lie, I'm quite excited to try this at some point. Sometimes, facial and body scrubs can prove to be a little too harsh on the skin, so a chemical exfoliant seems like a good alternative. Having read the instructions, it seems easy to use and even smells pleasant. On first impressions, I can't see why this product would be disappointing in any way. But either way, I'll let you know!

"Gone are the days of harsh scrubs. This quick-fix, gentle exfoliant uses botanical extracts to peel away dirt and dead skin cells to reveal a healthy glow. Massage onto dry, clean skin until you see residue lifting. Then rinse off with warm water to reveal your refreshed, radiant complexion".

DID YOU KNOW...?

"Rose extract inside this formula delivers essential fatty acids to plump skin and reduce fine lines".


Number 4, Lumiere d'Hiver Super Comb Prep & Protect (RRP £26.25)

Essentially, this is an all-in-one hair detangler, tamer, strengthener and nourisher, as well as claiming to repair damaged hair. I never really bother using these types of sprays, especially if they have multitasking properties. But I won't rule out using it just yet. You never know, I may have a mad moment one day and give this a spritz on an especially windy and (therefore) tangly hair day.

"We're all too familiar with bathroom counter clutter. But this multitasking spray detangles, strengthens, repairs, tames flyaways, nourishes and protects your locks - making this the only prep product you need to take your routine back to basics. This all-rounder is even easy to use - simply spray on damp hair and comb through".

DID YOU KNOW...?

"Number 4's formulas are entirely gluten, sulphate, sodium chloride and paraben-free!"


Baija, Bodcy Cream, Rose Lychee (RRP £15.90)

I'm getting a little fed up at the amount of travel sized body lotions I keep getting from Birchbox. One or two won't hurt, but as someone who uses body butter, these aren't all that useful to me. I'll use them when on a mini break, or when I'm in a rush and can't carry out my full skincare routine, but honestly? I'm disappointed by this. I feel like not enough research has been done to work out what people have received in the past. So no, I don't want another tube of body lotion. They're all gathering in my bathroom cupboard and I'm tired of looking at them all. Yes, I could just use them all up and give the body butters a rest, but I like sticking to what I know - especially when it comes to skincare.

"Creamy, delicate and oh-so-smooth, this rose and lychee-scented cream leaves you softer (and sweeter!) than ever. Combining the irresistible aroma of natural rosewater with pampering lychee, the nourishing formula sinks in quickly to hydrate your skin without leaving a greasy film. Massage into clean skin daily for super-soft limbs".

DID YOU KNOW...?

"This velvety formula contains 96% natural ingredients!"

Last Impressions

Looking back over a year of Birchbox subscriptions, I've enjoyed receiving a box every month and wondering what it is that I will be receiving next. I also enjoyed being able to choose what colour I'd like a certain product to be. But I've also enjoyed photographing everything and sharing it all on here with you.

Having written a 'first impressions' style review for you, I would try each product and report back if it was anything to shout about. But in all honesty, that rarely happened. I've never found myself to be completely blown away by a certain product, and I feel like that contributed to me ending my subscription here.

It's a shame that I will no longer carry on receiving Birchboxes, but I feel like I've stopped at a good time. 1 year is a considerable amount of time to be subscribed to the same beauty box, so now wonder products started to get a bit samey. I've not yet decided if I'll resubscribe to a different box or not. Either way, you'll find out right here on my blog.

***

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know if you've ever been subscribed to Birchbox and what your thoughts were. Have you been contemplating a subscription? Will you after reading this post? Let me know in the comments or using one of my social media platforms, below. I will see you again soon with another post.

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts