In a Galaxy Far, Far Away | A Night at the Royal Albert Hall


On the 21st September, Tom and I went to the Albert Hall to watch Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back on the big screen, accompanied by a full orchestra playing the entire score. I'm not a Star Wars fan, I bought the tickets for Tom as a birthday present as he's mad about the franchise. But despite that, I absolutely loved it! It was definitely an experience, and one I wish I could relive.

From start to finish, the show was fantastic. The orchestra delivered an extremely tight sound, and at points, I forgot that they were even there, the music was that incredible! From where we were sat, we could see nearly the entire orchestra playing their instruments. At one point, I was mesmerised by the man playing the glockenspiel which was definitely something to behold.

Despite what the photograph above shows, the place was full, so much so you'd be pushed to find an empty seat by the time the film had started. The staff were very helpful too, making sure we were all sat down in good time and in the right place.

We had a drink at the bar, I had a glass of wine while Tom had a pint, and it was stifling hot. I ended up fanning myself with our tickets (which I've obviously kept), it was that warm in there, and other people were feeling it too. It wasn't much better in the hall, but by the time the film had started, all was forgotten about and we really enjoyed it!

We were also quite surprised to hear that the orchestra even played the 20th Century Fox intro before the film began, and everyone applauded - us included! Just writing about it now is giving me goosebumps. The Star Wars theme tune was magnificent, each note played to absolute perfection - it was remarkable to listen to, and again, I'm not even a Star Wars fan!

If you'd like to experience a film in concert at the Royal Albert Hall in London, then keep up to date with the events on their website, there's something on their for everyone and you won't be disappointed, I guarantee it :)

Also, I apologise for the quality of the photographs in this post as they were taken on an iPhone.


***

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know if you've been to see this show, or another that the Royal Albert Hall have put on? I will see you soon with another post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts