Birchbox | August


Welcome to another Birchbox post! This is the second to last box I will be receiving, as after my September box comes, I will be cancelling my subscription and switching to another beauty box to review. I'll do a round up post, looking back at a year of Birchbox. You can see all of the previous boxes below, in case you were interested! Anyway, let's get back into showing you August's box :)

2019 Boxes


2018 Boxes


Packaging

I wasn't overly impressed by the packaging this month, I feel like a little more thought could have gone into it perhaps? Don't get me wrong, it isn't the worst design they've ever come up with, but it isn't the most important aspect of a beauty box is it? Good points? It's very colourful, and not at all boring. I'm also glad they got rid of that hideous mirror that they decide to attach a few months ago. I like to recycle my boxes, and the mirror just made that impossible! 

Contents

The contents of this box are alright really, especially in comparison to previous months. There have been times where I've seriously thought about terminating my subscription as I've been left completely underwhelmed. August's box, however, isn't quite that bad, there are definitely products in here that I'd use, and perhaps only one or two things I won't. I don't throw those unwanted products away, I donate them to my mum, sister or a friend, just so someone else can make use of them. Let's get into what I was given this month :)


ARROW, 'BOOST' Colour Enhancing Lip Balm (RRP £11) - FULL SIZE PRODUCT

This is one of those products that I will be using. I'm always using lip balms, so I'm excited to see what this one is like, especially given the reviews online! You never know, it could end up in a monthly favourites post towards the end of the year *wink wink*.

"There's more to this lip balm than meets the eye. Formulated to adjust to your unique pH, it enhances your natural lip colour to create the perfect just-for-you pink hue, all while its mango seed butter formula intensely hydrates and protects. Throw it in your handbag and swipe on throughout the day."

DID YOU KNOW...?

"ARROW BOOST lip balms are firm favourites on The Birchbox Shop with over 7,400 4*+ reviews!"


NUXE, Detoxifying and Glow Mask (RRP £19.50)

If you know me, then you'll understand how much I love a good face mask and detox. I was actually looking at buying a full tub of this, again, having read a few online reviews. I haven't tried this just yet, but I'll be sure to let you know how I get on with it, especially in comparison to other face masks I've tried. I may even buy a full tub of the stuff if I love it enough!

"Formulated to detoxify skin without any irritation, this mask purifies and illuminates your complexion in no time. Packed with high-performance ingredients like rose and charcoal, the black gel leaves skin feeling instantly fresh and radiant. Apply liberally to dry skin, leave for two minutes, then rinse."

DID YOU KNOW...?

"NUXE help to reduce their impact on the environment by creating eco-friendly jars - this spares nearly 1,500 trees per year!"


Balance Me, Hyaluronic Plumping Mist (RRP £18)

I actually quite like the concept of this. I've been looking for a fine face mist for a while now, so I was happy when I saw this sample in my Birchbox this month. Balance Me is also a particularly lovely skincare brand, so I have high hopes for this 'plumping' spray.

"This superfine mist blends hydrating and plumping hyaluronic acid with soothing chamomile water in a tropical potion that improves skin with every spritz. Whether you use it to revive your makeup in the afternoon or calm your complexion after too much sun, the instant shot of hydration will leave you looking brighter and healthier."

DID YOU KNOW...?

"One gram of hyaluronic acid can hold up to six (yep, six) litres of water. It's moisture-boosting magic."


Anatomicals, Great British Flake Off Summer Strawberry, Body Scrub (RRP £1.50) - FULL SIZE PRODUCT

I love a good body scrub, but I hate the scent of artificial strawberries, hence why I'll be donating this product to my mum or my sister. Anatmoicals isn't bad, it's not great either, coming in at a solid £1.50, I expect a bit more from a Birchbox product in all honesty. One of the reasons while I'll be switching to another beauty box brand at the end of September. If you got one of these in your Birchbox, let me know how you get on, in the comments!

"This summery-smelling scrub from Anatomicals helps skin feel its very best. Effective yet gentle, the formula contains sweet almond oil and glycerin to deeply hydrate and smooth, plus apricot seed powder to buff and exfoliate. The result? Skin that's baby soft and unbelievably silky."

DID YOU KNOW...?

"Anatomicals products are brimming with natural ingredients, free from parabens, and complete with witty packaging."


Spectrum Collections, Marble Small Fan Brush, MA10 (RRP £4.99) - FULL SIZE PRODUCT

I've not really used a fan brush before, I find it doesn't pack enough product on, no matter what it is I use. So I'm not sure I'll get full use out of this. So I may donate it, again, to my mum, sister or a friend, just so it has a happy and loving home, where it will be made full use of :)

"A multitasking fan brush is a must-have in any makeup kit. Using wide fanned, high quality bristles this one effortlessly sweeps on highlighter or clears any remnants of eyeshadow from under your eyes. Its rose gold and white casing adds a chic touch and the synthetic hairs are super soft, too."

DID YOU KNOW...?

"Spectrum Collections began five years ago in co-founder Sophie's garage in Wales. Haven't they come a long way?"


***

I hope you enjoyed this post. Brace yourself for the last ever Birchbox unboxing next month! Hopefully, it's a good one :) If you got a Birchbox this August, let me know your thoughts, what you'd use and what you won't. I'll see you soon with another post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts