A Pit Stop at The Thatch


Deep within the Nantwich countryside lies this gorgeous thatched pub. With food to die for, a wide range of drinks and fantastic customer service, this idyllic eating establishment is perfect for relaxing with the family on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Make use of their cosy indoor setting, with dark wood and solid furniture, complete with a fireplace and walls adorned with interesting artwork.

Alternatively, there's a beautiful beer garden towards the back of building,complete with overhanging trees, perfectly trimmed hedges and winding grassy paths, where a comfortable, sturdy picnic table will be waiting for you. If you have children, you can let them play on the ever humble Wendy house come climbing frame. Take in the tastes, sights, smells and surroundings of this gorgeous pub.

The food is exceptional. Being a little more pricey than typical pub grub, you definitely do get what you pay for. I went for a chicken breast and roasted carrots, with a beautifully rich chestnut mushroom sauce poured over the top, all sat on a bed of creamy mashed potato. It was simply delicious.

Not only was I impressed by the food, but the service we received was fantastic. We were handed the wrong menu upon arrival, and for the inconvenience, they offered us a free round of drinks, without us even asking or complaining (which I wouldn't have done anyway because it was an easy mistake to make). From there on out, the service was great! The food came out in good time, and our drinks arrived promptly too.

Overall, I'm incredibly impressed and I would definitely go again if I was ever out that way in the future. I recommend that you do the same, believe me, you won't regret it!  


***

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know if you've ever been here before, or if I've convinced you to go! I will see you again soon with another blog post for you!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME


PREVIOUS BLOG POST

'A Delicious Trip to Snugbury's'


COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts