Why You Need a Pair of Birckenstocks


I understand that this particular style of sandal isn't everyone's cup of tea, generally having a "what the f*** are those?" type of reaction. Yes, I once thought the very same thing around 7/8 years ago, but it wasn't until I bought a pair of knock-off versions at the age of about 20 that I thought "why haven't I invested in a real pair of these?"

It wasn't until the age of 24 where I finally bought a real pair of these classic sandals. Since the following pictures were taken, I bought another pair, but in black as opposed to white. Now I have the ultimate monochrome choice and I love it! I'm not looking forward to summer ending, purely because it will no longer be acceptable for me to wear Birks :(

Anyway, here are some of the reasons why you need a pair in your life, whether you love them or hate them! Or you could look at this post a different way...this is what I love about my Birkenstocks. If you were on the fence about whether or not to fork out the cash on a pair, then this post should sway you...to buy some, haha!

They're stupidly comfortable

Steve Jobs adopted a pair of these, particularly noting their extreme cloud-like comfiness, a foot bed which came about during the 1930's, although this came in the form of an orthopaedic insert. Current foot beds have a particular type of anatomical moulding, designed to relieve pressure on your feet. This is mainly comprised of four layers of cork and latex (making up the sole). The straps are lined with a soft material to prevent cutting into the arches of your feet when walking.

I have never owned a more comfy pair of shoes, particularly ones meant for use during the summertime. With a foot bed which contours to your arches, you get just the right amount of support, meaning that your feet will remain healthy and happy no matter how long you wear them for!

They come in loads of different colours

It doesn't matter whether you love or hate the look of Birks, you'll be impressed by their extensive range of tasteful colours, patterns and sandal designs. You'll always be able to find a colour that's right for you, so you can step out in both comfort and style when you invest in a pair of your very own Birkenstocks.

You'll have them forever

I know rather a few people who have had their Birks for years and they still look good as new. The only difference? Their feet have well and truly moulded into the foot bed, meaning you would probably have a great level of difficulty feeling completely comfortable in a pair of someone else's Birkenstocks. Much like a memory foam mattress, the sole perfectly moulds to the shape of your feet, the more you wear them, of course.

I plan on having my two pairs for a long time to come, so long in fact that any future children of mine will come across them in my wardrobe, look at them and ask the same question everyone else does... "what the heck are those?", then I'll proudly slip them on and probably reel off the same points that I've made in this post, just to convince them that actually, they're pretty cool!

They're incredibly durable...for sandals

I know they're sandals, and any normal pair would have a particularly short lifespan, but these are nice and chunky, providing a decent degree of longevity. I walked all the way down to the lighthouse that you can see in these pictures, and all the way back up the cliff (keeping in mind that there were a few hundred steps - have a read of the post here, or take a look if you just fancy looking through some pictures!) wearing my Birks, and when we got back to the car at the end of the day, there was not a mark, scratch or scuff on them, and yes, they're white! How impressive is that?


***

Have I convinced you to invest in a pair of Birkenstocks? Let me know in the comments! See you next time with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. Yes I love my Birks!! I wore them for walking all around Copenhagen and my feet didn't hurt at all! My best shoe investment to date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,

      Thanks for your comment :)

      I totally agree! They're such a great investment when it comes to sandals. I wear these all the time and they've barely worn down! They're also exceptionally comfortable (surprising for a sandal), I recommend these shoes to absolutely everyone who says they're looking for decent summer footwear, haha.

      I hope to see you around here again soon!

      Lorna

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts