Things I've Been Loving Lately


Despite the lockdown, and not having a whole lot to do, I have somehow managed to still have a few bits and bobs that I have been absolutely loving recently! I may be a bit late to the party with some of these, but in all honesty, I don't really mind. I really enjoy writing these blog posts and I find that, according to Google Analytics, a lot of you guys enjoy them as well, so I'm going to continue doing them. Some of you may be surprised to hear what I've been loving this month, whereas I'm sure there'll be a few of my followers who'd be like 'how have you not come across this sooner?'. Either way, I'm sure there'll be something in my list for all of you :) Enjoy!

Running

Ok, so I know for a fact that a lot of you will be really surprised by this one as I used to really hate running. I was much happier going swimming or hitting the cross trainer at the gym as opposed to actual running. I used to do it a lot when I was part of the swimming and triathlon team at university, but quite some time has passed since then and I suddenly found my fitness level falling - especially during this lockdown - so I enlisted the help of my brother, who is pretty health conscious but is very much into his fitness, to help me get to a level of fitness where I could run 5K.

This wasn't for the Instagram challenge, I was working towards this goal before the lockdown started, but it did somewhat act as a kick up the bum. What with the gyms being shut and social distancing measures in place, I simply couldn't stick to my normal exercise regime so it was almost forced upon me! In a bid to get up to a point where I could run 5K, we started doing hill sprints three times a week, then running the 5K on a Sunday. But after a few hill sprint sessions, we thought we'd try a short 3K instead of a 5K just to ease me in.

I then wanted to up the 3.68K distance to 4K but half way through the run we just decided to go the whole hog and go for the 5K instead, and I did it in 36 minutes! It may be pretty slow for some of you, but this is a pretty good achievement for me. Anyway, I've got a newfound love for running (something I NEVER thought I'd say at any point in my life, haha). Basically, if you don't think you ca do it, you most certainly can! So don't limit yourself before you've even started because you never know what you might achieve :)

'I like dogs more than people' coffee mug

This mug has featured on my Instagram Stories several times and I always get a lot of questions about where I got it from. You may be surprised to know that it's from Debenhams! I got it quite some time ago and it was in the sale so I'm not too sure that you'd be able to get it now, but you can rest assured that I'll be conducted an extensive online hunt for it, or something similar, so you can enjoy a cute, yet cheeky, new mug as well! Anyway, I love this mug because it's the perfect size and it's super cute. What drew me to it was the pictures of all the dogs. Of course, the writing on the side of it is a bit of fun and is (obviously) meant to be taken with a pinch of salt, but I'm a real dog person. I'm not opposed to cats, I like them and they're cute, but I'd be much more likely to be a dog mum than a cat mum. It's just such a cheeky mug that holds the perfect amount of coffee (I'm a mad coffee drinker) and I'm so glad that I spotted it when I did.


Nadiya Hussain's 'Time to Eat' recipes

I first came across these recipes on Netflix as Nadiya has a cute little show showing you that you can still make delicious food even when you're super busy! Some of the recipes on there have a really clever spin on traditional dishes that could take up more time than you'd like, whilst also looking bloomin' tasty. I was that impressed by the show that I ended up ordering the corresponding cookbook on Amazon in a bid to enhance my cooking skills.



Killing Eve

This will be one of those things where you all think 'how have you not come across this before?'. But when the first season came out, the adverts didn't really sell it to me so I never bothered with it. But once the second, and then the third, season came out, the great reviews started stacking up and I decided to take the plunge and give it a watch. Basically, I'd finished all three seasons within a week so I think that speaks for itself, haha! It's so gripping but also savage and I know it's probably bad, but I quite like that combo when it comes to BBC dramas. If you love a bit mystery, murder and twists and turns along the way, then give Killing Eve a watch if you haven't already. 



***

What have you been loving recently? Leave your top picks in the comments below or let me know via my social media links! I will see you again really soon with a brand new blog post for you all :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME



PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments