Mistakes You're Making When You Air-Dry Your Hair


Air-drying your hair is an excellent way of keeping it in pristine condition. Whether you wash your hair and leave it to dry in the evenings or wait until the weekend to treat your barnet to a natural drying experience, there are likely some things you're doing wrong when it comes to air-drying your tresses. I'll be explaining what you shouldn't be doing when naturally drying your hair!

Using a towel

It's natural for us to want to wrap our freshly wrapped hair in a towel the minute you come out of the shower, but this could actually be doing more harm then good. Vigorously drying your hair with a towel could result in a serious amount of frizz as well as tangle your tresses. Instead, take a T-Shirt you no longer wear (make sure it's clean, too) and use that to dab your hair.

This will absorb the moisture and can help to make your hair smooth and soft once its air dried. If you feel like more moisture needs to be removed, then gently squeeze your hair out with your hands until the excess water has been removed. 

Not adding products

Just because you're air-drying your hair doesn't mean to say that you shouldn't be doing anything with it at all. If you're looking for a more natural, slightly curly or wavy look by the time its dried, then try applying some sea salt spray whilst still wet or try adding a gel for a more crunchy look and feel. For a smoother finish, add argon oil and other moisturising products for a sleek look. Products can also be added that will create volume without using any heat! Check out some of my links below for some decent hair products that can be applied when wet.

For volume


For waves or curls


For a smooth finish


Playing with it as it dries

Don't keep running your fingers through it or brush it excessively while your hair is trying to hair-dry. Brush it once through with a wide-tooth comb, apply the product you have chosen (following the directions on the bottle) and try your best to simply leave it be. Touching it all the time could leave the frizz and damage to your ends.  

Going to bed with wet hair

Sleeping with wet hair could result in tangled, frizzy tresses by the time you wake up in the morning. Not only that, but it's likely that it won't be completely dry, so you may end up using heat on it anyway, especially if you're in a hurry. If you don't have to time to wash your hair and air-dry it in the morning, then wash you hair earlier in the evening so that it's dried through by the time you're ready to hit the sack. If you must go to bed with wet hair, then apply a leave-in conditioner or moisturising cream specifically designed for hair and sleep in a shower cap.

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, let me know if you have any tips for those looking to air-dry their hair and I will see you again really soon with a brand new blog post.

***

WHERE TO FIND ME



PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. With havin so much content do you ever run into any problems of plagorism
    or copyright violation? My blog has a lot of completely unique
    content I've either authored myself or outsourced but it appears
    a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my permission. Do you know any ways to help protect against
    content from being stolen? I'd really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thanks for your comment! I'm sorry to hear that, I haven't personally had that issue as far as I'm aware, but then there may be people using my photos or content elsewhere that I don't know about. I run this blog alone and have a full time job so it's hard to keep on top of everything all the time. The only thing I've really done to help deter people is have a copyright disclaimer at the end of all my posts. This should outline the fact that your permission will be needed before anything is used.

      But then again, it would be well worth emailing or contacting those who you know has used your content on other sites. Perhaps ask them to take it down as it's been copied, the same goes for photos you have taken as well. I run into this problem sometimes at work as I'm a Copywriter (write articles, web copy, infographics etc) for companies and do a bit of freelancing work.

      You can also report the article to Google and this should push them down in the rankings, they're generally pretty good at looking into things like that! In terms of stopping it from happening, I'd definitely have a disclaimer at the end of your posts covering all bases when it comes to copyright. It might even be worth researching the action you can take and use this information as well in a bid to prevent others from copying your content.

      I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help to you in that sense,but definitely do some research into it! There'll be loads of experts online who will be able to offer some great tips, but that's generally what I do if I happen to come across content which was originally my own.

      Thanks again,

      Lorna

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts